lets talk '16

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: lets talk '16

Post by Merkin »

Scout posted a new video of Lauri, not much new, but shows more of his back to the basket game.

http://www.scout.com/college/arizona/st ... 809e13c0bf" target="_blank
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Merkin wrote:Scout posted a new video of Lauri, not much new, but shows more of his back to the basket game.

http://www.scout.com/college/arizona/st ... 809e13c0bf" target="_blank
I was impressed with how assertive he was in establishing his position and looking for the ball. So unlike the semi plodding effort of our current bigs. His movements were crisp and immediately made himself available .
Beermancats

Post by Beermancats »

Alkins taking an official to Az this weekend.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Beermancats wrote:Alkins taking an official to Az this weekend.
or Vegas?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

97cats wrote:
or Vegas?
Maybe both?

Seems like reports say both.

I'd rather have Trier and/or Jackson.

But it's nice to be wanted.
Beermancats

Post by Beermancats »

97cats wrote:
or Vegas?
Visitng Vegas right now, Arizona this weekend.
az91

Post by az91 »

Beermancats wrote:
97cats wrote:
or Vegas?
Visitng Vegas right now, Arizona this weekend.
It is a good time to be competing against Vegas for an elite recruit.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You know, it would be nice to land Josh Jackson, get Trier to stay and be able to shut down this thread. Because that's all we really need.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:You know, it would be nice to land Josh Jackson, get Trier to stay and be able to shut down this thread. Because that's all we really need.
+1
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:You know, it would be nice to land Josh Jackson, get Trier to stay and be able to shut down this thread.
And move the fretting to "Let's Talk 17."
Right where I want to be.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

gumby wrote: And move the fretting to "Let's Talk 17."
i did my part
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:You know, it would be nice to land Josh Jackson, get Trier to stay and be able to shut down this thread.
And move the fretting to "Let's Talk 17."
I figure we can just move on to rating mixtapes. For my money, I like Brandon Jennings Lockout Mixtape. Sick beat and all the moves that make him incredibly entertaining in summer leagues and ho hum in the NBA.

https://youtu.be/vQOGDnLbSXE" target="_blank
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

which game?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

dirtbags wrote:
which game?
UCLA
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:
which game?
UCLA
thanks, @BKKcat. no pressure on rawle or nuttin', but if we end up losing to ucla at home i might have to write him off as a curse on our program :P
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

dirtbags wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:
which game?
UCLA
thanks, @BKKcat. no pressure on rawle or nuttin', but if we end up losing to ucla at home i might have to write him off as a curse on our program :P
No crap.....although I would hold it more against us than him.....if we lose to UCLA, I''m giving up hot Thai Babes.....if we lose because Baby Alford shoots a last minute 3, I'm going to also punch myself in the nuts!!!

Flip side, if we win, I'm going to do the exact opposite of the above :-).

BTFD Dirtbags.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:
which game?
UCLA
No crap.....although I would hold it more against us than him.....if we lose to UCLA, I''m giving up hot Thai Babes.....if we lose because Baby Alford shoots a last minute 3, I'm going to also punch myself in the nuts!!!

Flip side, if we win, I'm going to do the exact opposite of the above :-).

BTFD Dirtbags.
Well done - pics or it didn't happen!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Don't listen to him. His wife'll cut off his nuts if he does anything bad!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Thought Alkins already came here for an unofficial against Oregon State?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

rgdeuce wrote:Thought Alkins already came here for an unofficial against Oregon State?
Bizarre, isn't it?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

There's zero chance we're getting Alkins...unless CSM already knows 100% that Trier is gone. With Trier back, look at our roster. We don't have minutes to offer this guy.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:There's zero chance we're getting Alkins...unless CSM already knows 100% that Trier is gone. With Trier back, look at our roster. We don't have minutes to offer this guy.
Alkins could delay until after the draft deadline. Given what he's said to this point, I don't know why he wouldn't.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:There's zero chance we're getting Alkins...unless CSM already knows 100% that Trier is gone. With Trier back, look at our roster. We don't have minutes to offer this guy.
Alkins could delay until after the draft deadline. Given what he's said to this point, I don't know why he wouldn't.
Sure. But I greatly prefer soph Trier to freshman Alkins. This is what needs to happen:

KA
AT
JJ
RS
DR

Bench: LM, PJC, JS, KS, CC

What an utterly ridiculous roster.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Sure. But I greatly prefer soph Trier to freshman Alkins. This is what needs to happen:

KA
AT
JJ
RS
DR

I question the judgment of anyone who doesn't want Trier over Alkins.

KA-KS
AT-JS
JJ-RS
LM-CC and RS/JJ
DR-CC

PJC added in as necessary? Does Pitts still exist?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PJC has been playing better than KA lately. Not sure if Kadeem is still sick or what.

Depends on matchups, since PJC can't guard taller quicker guards. Not that Kadeem can either for that matter.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:Thought Alkins already came here for an unofficial against Oregon State?
It was the Oregon game.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

KA
AT
JJ
RS
DR

I question the judgment of anyone who doesn't want Trier over Alkins.

KA-KS
AT-JS
JJ-RS
LM-CC and RS/JJ
DR-CC

PJC added in as necessary? Does Pitts still exist?
Does Pitts ever play in a Arizona uniform again? I have my doubts.
gumby

Post by gumby »

You need to have sources to use "zero chance."
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:PJC has been playing better than KA lately. Not sure if Kadeem is still sick or what.

Depends on matchups, since PJC can't guard taller quicker guards. Not that Kadeem can either for that matter.
Kadeem has a chance at least. When Trier was down, it was very noticeable that every talented guard we matched up against was Kadeem's responsibility. Who did we start on Jaylen Brown?

Allen may not always do it, but PJC can't. PJC can guard a non-imposing pg, and that's basically it.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Picked a good weekend to come. Mid upper 80s and sunny. Lots of skin on campus
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

So Arizona just picked up a bunch of picks on the crystal ball for Rawle Alkins and in response to Arizona and Alkins many people are switching Jackson to Kansas just cause.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Am I reading a bunch of comments tha imply people will be disappointed if we get Rawle Alkins? Really?

I understands it is based on other roster moves that could lead Alkins to Tucson, but come on. This guy would be one of the most highly rated prospects to ever come to Tucson.

Perspective, people. 6 months ago people were worried we were going to end up with nada... and now folks are 'complaining' because Alkins is looking like an AZ lean? Go visit the FB recruiting thread and then come back....
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Seems like a good kid... And he looks like he could make one helluva OLB.

I'll be really happy if we get him, regardless of the circumstances.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Our recruiting under CSM is incredible. And I honestly don't think getting Rawle and Jackson is out of the question.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

dont see how both Jackson and Alkins become Wildcats. I don't expect trier to leave either unless he goes full Bibby mode and leads us to a final four. It could happen but CSM would have to be creative with his lineups and minutes to keep everyone happy.

I think CSM will take either Jackson or Alkins and find another PF transfer.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Harvey Specter wrote:Am I reading a bunch of comments tha imply people will be disappointed if we get Rawle Alkins? Really?

I understands it is based on other roster moves that could lead Alkins to Tucson, but come on. This guy would be one of the most highly rated prospects to ever come to Tucson.

Perspective, people. 6 months ago people were worried we were going to end up with nada... and now folks are 'complaining' because Alkins is looking like an AZ lean? Go visit the FB recruiting thread and then come back....
I, for one, would be much happier getting an Alkins that might be here 2-3 years rather than a one and done Josh Jackson.

Naturally, I'm also greedy and would prefer to get both :D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Frybry02 wrote:dont see how both Jackson and Alkins become Wildcats. I don't expect trier to leave either unless he goes full Bibby mode and leads us to a final four. It could happen but CSM would have to be creative with his lineups and minutes to keep everyone happy.

Not making a Final Four didn't stop any of our other one-and-dones.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Chicat wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:dont see how both Jackson and Alkins become Wildcats. I don't expect trier to leave either unless he goes full Bibby mode and leads us to a final four. It could happen but CSM would have to be creative with his lineups and minutes to keep everyone happy.

Not making a Final Four didn't stop any of our other one-and-dones.
You're right but trier stock isn't as high as the other(discard GJ). My reference to Bibby is in terms of having a huge tournament. I believe He would have to have a huge tournament for his stock to rise high enough for justifying leaving after one year.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Our Championship push comes next season. You need Josh Jackson to tip the scales and if you have Rawle Alkins that's certainly not a bad trump card. It definitely appears Miller fully intends on taking both and is pushing for both.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ChooChooCat wrote:Our Championship push comes next season. You need Josh Jackson to tip the scales and if you have Rawle Alkins that's certainly not a bad trump card. It definitely appears Miller fully intends on taking both and is pushing for both.
Let's load up! Oh and I bet TJ leaf is really kicking him self for rolling with Adidas!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

3goggles wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Our Championship push comes next season. You need Josh Jackson to tip the scales and if you have Rawle Alkins that's certainly not a bad trump card. It definitely appears Miller fully intends on taking both and is pushing for both.
Let's load up! Oh and I bet TJ leaf is really kicking him self for rolling with Adidas!
Gotta love the irony that if Arizona lands Alkins then its last two commits are both Adidas kids.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ChooChooCat wrote:
3goggles wrote:
Gotta love the irony that if Arizona lands Alkins then its last two commits are both Adidas kids.
I know JJs AAU team is under armor but his high school is adidas too. Also LM team is adidas I think Miller said we will run adidas now!
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Chicat wrote:Our recruiting under CSM is incredible. And I honestly don't think getting Rawle and Jackson is out of the question.

Yeah, very possible...maybe even highly probable. It's fun to watch Miller's magic in play. 8-)
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Alkins is a fine player, but it's all about JJ.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Miller knows what he is doing. Not worried.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

HiCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:Our recruiting under CSM is incredible. And I honestly don't think getting Rawle and Jackson is out of the question.

Yeah, very possible...maybe even highly probable. It's fun to watch Miller's magic in play. 8-)
No, no, no! Don't you remember when Leaf decommitted that Miller had completely lost his recruiting mojo and Arizona basketball was on its way to mediocrity?? I swear, some of you have no #%$%&#$@ memory at all!

Go Cats!!
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

thanks for not being our home court jinx, rawle. hope you're enjoying your visit :D
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dirtbags wrote:thanks for not being our home court jinx, rawle. hope you're enjoying your visit :D
He got to see a great atmosphere in McKale tonight. The crowd was locked in.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

One of the best crowd games ive been to in my life. Maybe top 5. May as well turn all the crystal balls to Arizona after he sat through this game. There were grown ass adults covering their ears. U aint gettin that total experience at St Johns or NC State