Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatsbyAZ

Re: Venting Thread

Post by CatsbyAZ »

For someone who is a vegetarian (95% of the time) and rarely drinks, as much as I enjoy Thanksgiving, it's a bit of a downer to get back into the routine. The past week I drank more than I have in three years, and ate obligingly ate meat too. Back at work today and going to gym during lunch hour.
And I said, ‘That last thing is what you can't get...Nobody can get to that last thing. We keep on living in hopes of catching it once and for all.’ Jack Kerouac, On The Road
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

i can't stop writing 11/2/19 on documents today. I must have done it a half dozen times so far. Damn it!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

when a school goes on lock down because of gunshots in the area
and then is taken off lockdown because the police clear the school
and everyone goes back to normal after school activities because it's normal for this shit to happen

THIS SHIT IS NOT OK DAMNIT. FUCK YOU AND YOUR LOVE OF A GUN OVER THE LOVE OF LIFE. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FOR CREATING AN AMERICA WHERE THIS IS FUCKING NORMAL AND BARELY AFFECTS ANYONE WHEN IT HAPPENS.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It’s a special kind of torture to send your husband to get kids clothes for family picture day with the two kids (5 and 2yo girls) present.

Who knew there was a difference between stockings, leggings, and tights?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Old navy, gap, kohl’s, target. Target was the winner.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

My man, I think you need to master the art of strategic failure in its many tactical applications. To prevent future serial torture you should have shown SWMBO just how impossibly incompetent you are at such assignments. It would have been money well spent to have gone to some terrifying and psychotically boutique retail salon and horrendously overspent on some unreturnable and disastrously inappropriate clothes for your kids. After a merciless lecture on fiscal irresponsibility and a lengthy demand that you never reveal your disgusting lack of taste, you'd be free from the assignment ever again.

Remember, division of labor in modern marriage is all about being bad, really, really fucking bad at what you don't want to do.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

dovecanyoncat wrote:My man, I think you need to master the art of strategic failure in its many tactical applications. To prevent future serial torture you should have shown SWMBO just how impossibly incompetent you are at such assignments. It would have been money well spent to have gone to some terrifying and psychotically boutique retail salon and horrendously overspent on some unreturnable and disastrously inappropriate clothes for your kids. After a merciless lecture on fiscal irresponsibility and a lengthy demand that you never reveal your disgusting lack of taste, you'd be free from the assignment ever again.

Remember, division of labor in modern marriage is all about being bad, really, really fucking bad at what you don't want to do.
Wow.....this is fucking brilliant! Thank you sir!

7 years into this tour of duty and the things I still need to learn.

This goes along with a topic in marriage I was speaking about with my buddy the other day; the subtle gamesmanship that occurs for random and often silly stuff. Like we both have good marriages and can do whatever we want (with in reason of course) it there is still covert negotiation that has to occasionally occur.

Example, I got ski season pass with my buddy and the Sierras are getting pounded. We want to go skiing next Saturday. Weekends are “family time” for the both of us. So he’s taking his wife (no kids) to the lodge and putting her up with a good book and a bottle of wine and they’ll go wine tasting or do
Something fun in Sunday ( she doesn’t down hill but does cross country, our pass has access to the cross country place that she can use too; Winning!)

For me, wife wants a night out with her crew next sat weekend. My daughter also has her nutcracker performances he following Saturday at the same time as the St. John’s game in sf that Ive been talking up to them since it was scheduled. Huge card in my favor!l to spend a day of “weekend family time” skiing next Saturday so long as I am back by 7pm for her to go out with her friends.

Me teaching my oldest to ski this season is another example of getting more time in the mountains for myself. :)

I also sometimes like when she’ll throw out, something to the effect of “think to the kids” when deciding restaurant choices and activities when it’s clearly something she doesn’t want to do.

We have a good marriage and most of the time it all works out in both of our favors, if I still amazes me to this day the individual wants and desires and how that plays out.

Strategic failure is a skill set I need to develop. :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I sent a text photo of girls leggings with “ok” and immediately received a frantic call with pressured speech schooling me on how leggings are not tights. The little old lady buying clothes next to me started chuckling.

Lol
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Sometimes the technology tether is not your friend. Think old school, young man.

"Sorry honey, I wanted to surprise you and the girls." (Women love surprises, but only the surprises they love.) If the shot goes in you can always call bank, but sometimes you just have to miss at the buzzer and hit the shower.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Staff member ate the tamales that I purchased from the mother of another staff member.

If you didn’t put it in the fridge, it isn’t yours.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

That happened to me once too. Bought tamales from another coworkers mother. Someone ate them. It's been like 6 years and I'm not over it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Buy more tamales. Spike them with ipecac or ex-lax.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

When you take the last of the coffee in the pot to fill your cup it's your responsibility to either make another pot or depending on the time to rinse out the pot. Assholes.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

"I'm going to leave this empty coffee pot for my family, friends, and colleagues!"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Who the fuck brings their kid to a birthday party at an event place where you’re only allowed to have a set number of attendees WITHOUT FUCKING RSVPing???

I’m honestly blown away.

“Well, we were going to try and find you on Facebook or something...”

Why didn’t you? Or what about the school fucking directory?

“Eli found your address from one of his other friends so we figured we’d just swing by to see if the party was still happening...”

The party you never said your shitty kid was coming to?? The party where we now didn’t order enough food?? THE PARTY WE HAD NO IDEA YOUR KID WAS ATTENDING BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T RESPOND TO
ANY OF OUR TEXTS, CALLS OR EMAILS????

I fucking hate people. And we are DONE with stupid fucking parties. I’d rather just give the kid $400 and drop him off at a mall or something.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Society is overrated.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Pesto is not like ketchup and cock size. A little goes a long way. Tone it down for fuck's sake.

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I hate office orchestrated secret Santa

1. The social pressure to participate
2. The escalating arms race of gifts and price, the wrapping, how gifts are given, the attempts at surprise and subterfuge to “hide” the Santa, the forced cheer of it all.
3. Im good with giving a coworker up to a 20USD gift, but shit people are nuts and now I look like the cheap skate
4. This year people submitted a request list! The person I got wanted silver and gold hoop earrings. Fuck that! I ain’t risking my marriage over your over 40 micheal buble listening ass.

Previous years office staff would give a few small gifts every year leading up to the “big ticket” item on the day. This year everyone went crazy decorating and wrapping these elaborate present displays for a Christmas tree morning style distribution in the afternoon. Would’ve been nice to know.

My person is getting her glass water bottle with straw, Hershey’s almond kisses, and cheap ass reindeer “fun iPhone case” (all in her request list!!) in an empty diet cherry coke box, with a piece of wrapping tissue paper taken from someone else’s present with a hand scrawled note on printer paper.

Seriously.

Bah humbug
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Pesto is not like ketchup and cock size. A little goes a long way. Tone it down for fuck's sake.
Maybe not the right thread for me to say this, but pesto is severely overused. You know what it's good on? Pasta. Maybe once every few years. That's it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Pesto is good on pizza
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote:I hate office orchestrated secret Santa

1. The social pressure to participate
2. The escalating arms race of gifts and price, the wrapping, how gifts are given, the attempts at surprise and subterfuge to “hide” the Santa, the forced cheer of it all.
3. Im good with giving a coworker up to a 20USD gift, but shit people are nuts and now I look like the cheap skate
4. This year people submitted a request list! The person I got wanted silver and gold hoop earrings. Fuck that! I ain’t risking my marriage over your over 40 micheal buble listening ass.

Previous years office staff would give a few small gifts every year leading up to the “big ticket” item on the day. This year everyone went crazy decorating and wrapping these elaborate present displays for a Christmas tree morning style distribution in the afternoon. Would’ve been nice to know.

My person is getting her glass water bottle with straw, Hershey’s almond kisses, and cheap ass reindeer “fun iPhone case” (all in her request list!!) in an empty diet cherry coke box, with a piece of wrapping tissue paper taken from someone else’s present with a hand scrawled note on printer paper.

Seriously.

Bah humbug
I've never had a job in the straight world so I don't fathom office reality, but correct me if I'm wrong, don't HR departments all across the country have standing protocols that recognize the the existence of non-christians, protocols that obviate participation in the American workplace ritual homage to a grade school play?

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Pesto is good on pizza
^^^This. And it was this that prompted my rant. I said to Mrs. Dove "This has just the right amount of pesto." It pokes its head out around the edges of the crust. It's not lapping up to my elbows like a global warming surge of the sea. It's not spilling over every contour like Trump's jowls. I get past the center accoutrements of the pizza and it does it work right there, in its proper place, anointing the toe-slope of the crust with a savory, herbaceous oil. It works.

~ Wilhoit's Law
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I agree, pesto is great on pizza, as long as its not overdone.

And on a similar note, I quite like rocket lettuce in a salad or even as a light garnish, but I absolutely resent needing a machete and a guide to hack my way through a giant pile of the stuff to even catch a glimpse of the meal that I've actually ordered.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

What a shit weekend of sports for me.

Rams lose and get eliminated

Arizona loses a game they should have won going away.

About to lose my fantasy football championship game.

Fuck everything.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

...and fuck christmas.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Usually when I steal my neighbors' Christmastime delivered packages from their doorsteps, I go for items that are obviously electronics so I can turn them over for quick cash to buy drugs. But today something else caught my eye: a package from a Danish bakery. I got it home and ripped open the box, and instead of Danishes there were these four really heavy "loaves" (more like bricks) of something called Danish rye bread. Man, am I pissed.

At least I just saved a family from a really stupid Christmas, didn't I?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Think of the carbs!

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m getting sick.

Thanks everyone who showed up to Christmas Eve even though they were quite obviously infected. Your presence and the germs you left behind really made the holidays festive and bright.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

People who diddle around at the ticket counter at the movies when all the movies are listed with times and sold out for all to see while in the line!!!

Wife and I lost out on tickets/seats to knives out at two different theaters sat night due to imbeciles dicking around.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

But your tickets online at home. No one should go to the counter

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:But your tickets online at home. No one should go to the counter
Was gifted tickets from work with no code on the back to purchase remotely.

Had to suffer the counter
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wasn’t home, was driving up from sf when we decided to go.

Humanity is full of idiots.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Cool, pretty sure my heater is broken. It's 60 and dropping in the house and it's set at 66 and won't turn on. I'm sure it'll only take 3-9 days for the landlord to respond and do anything about it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This cold is kicking my ass.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I am single handily keeping NyQuil and Halls in business.
'
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I think I'm catching your bug. Thanks a lot.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:I am single handily keeping NyQuil and Halls in business.
'
My doctor got me on board with how much more effective FloNase is than those. Any symptoms beyond what FloNase can handle are eviscerated by whiskey.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Need morphine. Can anybody kick down?

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Cox internet has been down for 18 hours over a wide death of the western US...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I live at Prince and Campbell and it's been fine for me. ASUHATER lives at Fort Lowell and Campbell and it's been out all day.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah 21 hours now with the internet out at home. Love paying Cox $98 a month for this.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:Cox internet has been down for 18 hours over a wide death of the western US...
I think you meant to type “swath” but I love the descriptor “death” so much more.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Fucking flu. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. High points of an entire week: made RAP picks; shaved once.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:Yeah 21 hours now with the internet out at home. Love paying Cox $98 a month for this.
That happened one time with Comcast where I live. Ended up using my cell phone as a mobile hotspot, which is free with AT&T. Actually worked pretty good, could even stream Netflix.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Yeah 21 hours now with the internet out at home. Love paying Cox $98 a month for this.
I'm 2 blocks from you on Kleindale between Mtn & Campbell and I have had no problems but my neighbor at Kleindale & Campbell has been out too. Sucks!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I’m thinking I’ll quit Cox and switch to Century Link.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Get me out of here. I’m about to stab myself in the eye. I wish these people would shut up. Do they enjoy hearing each other? Where is a river of hot lava to jump into when you need it? Everything that destined me to sit in this chair and endure this meeting can go get choked on a circus horse’s dick. I hope I have body odor I wasn’t aware of.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:Get me out of here. I’m about to stab myself in the eye. I wish these people would shut up. Do they enjoy hearing each other? Where is a river of hot lava to jump into when you need it? Everything that destined me to sit in this chair and endure this meeting can go get choked on a circus horse’s dick. I hope I have body odor I wasn’t aware of.
Put your phone (on vibrate) on the table.

Have one of us call you four times in a row and then text you.

Annoyingly glance at the text, then jump up and bolt out of the room.

Everyone will just assume there was some kind of awful family emergency (eg.- your parrot was killed in a home invasion) and you’re free for the rest of the day.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

kids are the best excuse for leaving work.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote:Get me out of here. I’m about to stab myself in the eye. I wish these people would shut up. Do they enjoy hearing each other? Where is a river of hot lava to jump into when you need it? Everything that destined me to sit in this chair and endure this meeting can go get choked on a circus horse’s dick. I hope I have body odor I wasn’t aware of.
Leadership development committee meeting?!?

Lol