Realistic Thoughts

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Realistic Thoughts

Post by CalStateTempe »

PHXCATS wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Our ceiling is a 6 seed honestly. Still have a chance to miss the tournament entirely if we lose another 2-3 games.
Seriously, if we miss the tourney 3 times in millers tenure...fire miller.
Already have....
4x

Altman>>>>>>>>>>Miller
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

These two teams are very evenly matched.

The biggest coaching adjustment are apparent in how teams come out of halftime...

... tonite, it was evident that Arizona was more energetic, and effective in the first five minutes of the second half - credit CSM!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

These two teams are very evenly matched.

The biggest coaching adjustment are apparent in how teams come out of halftime...

... tonite, it was evident that Arizona was more energetic, and effective in the first five minutes of the second half - credit CSM!!!

Missed free throws are unrelated to coaching!

Stupid, forced threes (Baker!!!) are not coaching failures!

Arizona was is the perfect position to win this game; the outcome is a huge disappointment for everyone - no one moreso than for the coaches and players....

But this loss is on players failing in the most fundamental, and simple skill - free throws.

That’s it!

Period.

To bad; so sad!

Deal with it....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

realistic thoughts:

We aren’t as good as we think we are.

Miller is not the answer.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Realistic Thoughts,

Taking the air out of the ball in a close one is just asking to choke it away.

Sure enough, we did.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Mid Major Miller.

DWWD
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

But, but we're only 5 or 6 points from being a 3 seed! :lol: For those of you entertaining the thought of justifying this loss with more metrics and statistical BS, just keep it to yourselves.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The emotional overreactions are amazing
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

pc in NM wrote:These two teams are very evenly matched.

Arizona was is the perfect position to win this game; the outcome is a huge disappointment for everyone - no one moreso than for the coaches and players....

But this loss is on players failing in the most fundamental, and simple skill - free throws.

That’s it!

Period.

To bad; so sad!

Deal with it....
This content is why I come here!
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

PHXCATS wrote:The emotional overreactions are amazing
Sorry not everyone is enthusiastic about a floundering program. Finding new ways to choke is the only novelty at this point.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hang the metrics NET score banner.

I prefer to win
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Honestly, I thought this was one of the best-played games by Arizona in several weeks! And, it was a very good college game!!

The fact that horrible FT shooting cost Arizona the game - throughout, and, of course, the four missed shots is just soooo disappointing.

I honestly place less blame on Koloko for his misses - everyone know he is still learning to play the game, is still a really raw talent, but has actually shown more growth as a frosh than any other player on the team.

But the rest of them....

If only players placed one-tenth as much value on FT shooting as dunks and fancy offensive moves....

But, no! This is the age of “basketbawful”, and, apparently, when you live by the one-and-done culture, you have to live with it....

― Kinky Friedman
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Our ceiling is a 6 seed honestly. Still have a chance to miss the tournament entirely if we lose another 2-3 games.
Already have....
4x

Altman>>>>>>>>>>Miller
We're gonna make the tourney easily. We're just not going to do jack shit while we're there.
Bordercat

Post by Bordercat »

So here is the thing.... YOUTH.

Pritchard may be a slightly better version than TJ. We don't have a leader who can lead the CLOSE.

We were in position to win several times. We just couldn't put it away. Youth and inexperience.

It's very disappointing because Nico could be like Pritchard- but he's too young, needs seasoning.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bordercat wrote:
It's very disappointing because Nico could be like Pritchard- but he's too young, needs seasoning.
And he'll never get that seasoning here.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

rgdeuce wrote:

That’s it!

Period.

To bad; so sad!

Deal with it....
Better than anything you have ever posted on this site.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
Already have....
4x

Altman>>>>>>>>>>Miller
We're gonna make the tourney easily. We're just not going to do jack shit while we're there.
I thought you were out of here....that is what you said right......or was that just wishful thinking ..fine supporter of the program. Who cares if guys are playing hard and doing their best. Could they get bounced in the first round. Sure. Bad matchup...you're gone. Happened many times to Lute. Can happen to anyone ask Virginia.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Last year was the third time he's missed the tourney at AZ. What he hasn't done, though, is miss it in back to back years.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't even remember last year. That was the NCAA distraction year so he gets a pass.

Last season before this one was when Ayton went #1, after that embarrassing Buffalo defeat.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote:I don't even remember last year. That was the NCAA distraction year so he gets a pass.

Last season before this one was when Ayton went #1, after that embarrassing Buffalo defeat.
Yeah. That Ayton team was his most disappointing season at AZ, imo. A team with Ayton, Trier, Alkins and Ristic got blitzed by Buffalo in the first round. Say what you want about PJC, but there's no way that should've happened.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

TheCat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

That’s it!

Period.

To bad; so sad!

Deal with it....
Someone steal the tennis balls off your walker?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

rgdeuce wrote:
TheCat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

That’s it!

Period.

To bad; so sad!

Deal with it....
Someone steal the tennis balls off your walker?
Moments of clarity occur randomly even for the most demented.... :shock:

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote:I don't even remember last year. That was the NCAA distraction year so he gets a pass.

And, if seven guys leave this year, what next???

― Kinky Friedman
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

pc in NM wrote:

And, if seven guys leave this year, what next???
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote: I thought you were out of here....that is what you said right......or was that just wishful thinking ..fine supporter of the program. Who cares if guys are playing hard and doing their best. Could they get bounced in the first round. Sure. Bad matchup...you're gone. Happened many times to Lute. Can happen to anyone ask Virginia.
It would be great if you would stop thinking about me when taking your ED cocktail juice in the morning pal. Seriously your hard on for me at this point is gross, go away.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

If you want some optimism, Arizona is #2 in PAC12 play in offensive efficiency and defensive efficiency.

USC is a house of horrors for this team recently and if they can gut one out on Thursday, Saturday will be a huge benchmark for this team's chances in March.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

SabinoDrifter wrote:If you want some optimism, Arizona is #2 in PAC12 play in offensive efficiency and defensive efficiency.

USC is a house of horrors for this team recently and if they can gut one out on Thursday, Saturday will be a huge benchmark for this team's chances in March.
Yeah, I agree. Thursday is a must-win and seemingly more winnable at the moment than Saturday.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think that is caused by two things: 1. you have more trollers here than fans which drives true fans away and 2. Some folks ego is tied to how this team performs which is very sad. They are overly negative every time they lose and get overly excited with each victory. They have no perspective.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

TheCat wrote:
I think that is caused by two things: 1. you have more trollers here than fans which drives true fans away and 2. Some folks ego is tied to how this team performs which is very sad. They are overly negative every time they lose and get overly excited with each victory. They have no perspective.
The perspective which is that this team blows
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.