Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Venting Thread

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
azgreg wrote:I just started a grunge channel on Pandora and they played Wicked by Chris Isaak because when I think grunge I think Chris Isaak.
Now they played Hotel California from the Eagles. Pandora needs a little work on heir algorithm.
Don't you have to manually shitcan certain songs in order to teach the algo?
The problem with doing that is I don't dislike those songs, I'm just not in the mood for them today. If I down vote them now they won't play them again.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
azgreg wrote:I just started a grunge channel on Pandora and they played Wicked by Chris Isaak because when I think grunge I think Chris Isaak.
Now they played Hotel California from the Eagles. Pandora needs a little work on heir algorithm.
Don't you have to manually shitcan certain songs in order to teach the algo?
The problem with doing that is I don't dislike those songs, I'm just not in the mood for them today. If I down vote them now they won't play them again.
Yeah, but if you're in the mood for Nirvana but unopposed to Polka then you can't train the algo. The one and only time I experienced this was with a buddy whom I was cooking with. His wife had to train the algo on the other side of the room. It was like house-breaking a puppy. The next day everything seemed OK, or so they say. I was gone by then, so what do I know?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Arizonan's are dumber than dirt. Just got back from Colt Grill in Cottonwood with a takeout order of BBQ half chicken and brisket. Great grub: burgers to put you in a coma; crispy half chicken; velvety brisket.

Place was packed with not a single mask in the place other than mine. I guess these dumbfucks think it's food to die for.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The scroll wheel stopped working on my mouse. What a pain in the ass.

#firstworldproblems
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Arizonan's are dumber than dirt. Just got back from Colt Grill in Cottonwood with a takeout order of BBQ half chicken and brisket. Great grub: burgers to put you in a coma; crispy half chicken; velvety brisket.

Place was packed with not a single mask in the place other than mine. I guess these dumbfucks think it's food to die for.
You should try Poquito Loco next time, down the street. Great tacos, but the only person you'll see masked in the place is me at 4:30 p.m. getting my takeout order on Wing Wednesdays in the back.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

catgrad97 wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Arizonan's are dumber than dirt. Just got back from Colt Grill in Cottonwood with a takeout order of BBQ half chicken and brisket. Great grub: burgers to put you in a coma; crispy half chicken; velvety brisket.

You should try Poquito Loco next time, down the street. Great tacos, but the only person you'll see masked in the place is me at 4:30 p.m. getting my takeout order on Wing Wednesdays in the back.
Thanks for the tip. Nick's was the last place we had a restaurant meal at before the shit hit the fan. Seems like a lifetime ago. I've been jonesing for some Bocce pizza.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Fucking air conditioning went out during the night.

It's only supposed to be like 105 all week.....
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:Fucking air conditioning went out during the night.

109 by the weekend
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Fucking air conditioning went out during the night.

109 by the weekend
not helpful!!!!

And I better have air by then!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sorry Ari but all houses matter.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It's bad enough when my mother forwards me stupid email articles that I never read. Now she is group forwarding shit so now I get a series of emails and replies from all of her friends.

Stop Mom... stop.
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

They started a new EMR at one of the hospitals I work at. So I get to spend like 5 extra hours today just trying to put in notes and orders on patients on some backwards ass electronic medical record system because the hospital is too cheap to pay for a legit system.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I’m so sorry OAS, that sucks

It isn’t cerner is it, that program sucks (what we have/use)
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’m so sorry OAS, that sucks

It isn’t cerner is it, that program sucks (what we have/use)
No its something called Axiom.
We use Cerner at my other hospital which we started about 3 years ago. I hated it at first but now really like it. Unfortunately that hospital is gonna switch again soon to something called Meditech. I hate freaking EMR changes. Just give me Epic.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Spent all fucking day at the dealership for a 120k mile service. All. Fucking. Day.

When it was over we drove 28 minutes away .... and had to go back.

Still, I liked all those younguns, children really, that work there. There were beautiful storms all around the Flagstaff horizon that helped pass the time while walking around outside. In the end, it could have been even waaay worse, and that's what scares me.

Also: the price of 4x4s is just goddamned beyond everything. In '92 .... (yeah, yeah, I know, shut the fuck up about it) ... I bought a Detriot model 1-ton crew cab long bed diesel 4x4 for $21k. But here's the thing: in '09 I bought a gasoline half ton '08 Tundra 4X4 (with two orders of magnitude more technology and performance than the '92) for $22k (and sold it in '13 for the same price). Today a 4X4 Tundra slightly less equipped than my '08 is $43k, and the Ford 1 ton diesels are in the low $60k range.

What the fucking fuck is that about?

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Merkin wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Edit:

Legal in sac county, not city, as of 2016.
That really sucks. But it does look like you need God's Quarter Acre though to have them. But I doubt they are on a small lot.

https://animalcare.saccounty.net/Animal ... ounty.aspx" target="_blank

Can I keep chickens or roosters on my residential zoned property for personal use or consumption?

Generally speaking, chickens/roosters 1, ducks, and geese can be kept on your residential property if your lot size is a minimum 10,000 square feet 2 in area. However, depending on your specific zone designation and property size, restrictions do apply.
I gotta figure out this rooster problem...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Also: the price of 4x4s is just goddamned beyond everything. In '92 .... (yeah, yeah, I know, shut the fuck up about it) ... I bought a Detriot model 1-ton crew cab long bed diesel 4x4 for $21k. But here's the thing: in '09 I bought a gasoline half ton '08 Tundra 4X4 (with two orders of magnitude more technology and performance than the '92) for $22k (and sold it in '13 for the same price). Today a 4X4 Tundra slightly less equipped than my '08 is $43k, and the Ford 1 ton diesels are in the low $60k range.

You can get a Tesla truck for $40K. Faster than a Porsche 911, pulls more than a Ford F150.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Merkin wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote: Also: the price of 4x4s is just goddamned beyond everything. In '92 .... (yeah, yeah, I know, shut the fuck up about it) ... I bought a Detriot model 1-ton crew cab long bed diesel 4x4 for $21k. But here's the thing: in '09 I bought a gasoline half ton '08 Tundra 4X4 (with two orders of magnitude more technology and performance than the '92) for $22k (and sold it in '13 for the same price). Today a 4X4 Tundra slightly less equipped than my '08 is $43k, and the Ford 1 ton diesels are in the low $60k range.

You can get a Tesla truck for $40K. Faster than a Porsche 911, pulls more than a Ford F150.
Aside from being butt-ugly, the Tesla truck has the potential to break the mold. But unless you were going to keep the rig on the grid it would be awkward to use. It wouldn't serve my preferred application until I could charge it with a diesel or gas generator out in the woods. I bet that's doable.

Gotta be robust and have readily available parts and abundant service venues. Guinea pigs need apply.

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

We're in the final stages of buying a house we love. And then had the bomb dropped on us today that the appraisal was $36k less than the sales price. We're obviously concerned the entire thing will be torpedoed now. Ugh.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:We're in the final stages of buying a house we love. And then had the bomb dropped on us today that the appraisal was $36k less than the sales price. We're obviously concerned the entire thing will be torpedoed now. Ugh.
Use it as a negotiating tool to lower the price.

Or unfortunately you'll have to up your down payment. :roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea we have enough cash for our down payment as is and money leftover for some improvements and stuff. But not enough to literally more than double our down payment.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You're negotiating from a position of strength here because the assessment will be the same for any buyer. So they either lower the price for you or they'll have to go through the entire process again and lower it for someone else. Having a buyer on the hook right now is better for them than having to show off the house to a bunch of new people in the hope that one of them has the cash to put in a bigger down payment.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

They are an older couple (late 70s) as well who wanted to close on the house within 28 days of receiving our offer. They're moving to a retirement community and had a tight timeline. Hoping that pulls it in our favor as well.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

A property appraising for $36K less than asking means the seller and/or listing agent had too many dollar signs in their eyes and got greedy. A different appraiser MIGHT value the house a few thousand dollars more (or less!), but a $36k discrepancy means they screwed the pooch big time on their listing. Show no mercy SD!
Formerly McLurvin
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:They are an older couple (late 70s) as well who wanted to close on the house within 28 days of receiving our offer. They're moving to a retirement community and had a tight timeline. Hoping that pulls it in our favor as well.
Right now they're watching their retirement community dream die and a nightmare involving the old age home in Happy Gilmore coming into focus.

This is when your realtor/lawyer will need to earn their commission.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

TheBlackLodge wrote:A property appraising for $36K less than asking means the seller and/or listing agent had too many dollar signs in their eyes and got greedy. A different appraiser MIGHT value the house a few thousand dollars more (or less!), but a $36k discrepancy means they screwed the pooch big time on their listing. Show no mercy SD!
Yea this is my most positive takeaway so far when taking a step back from the situation
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:They are an older couple (late 70s) as well who wanted to close on the house within 28 days of receiving our offer. They're moving to a retirement community and had a tight timeline. Hoping that pulls it in our favor as well.
Right now they're watching their retirement community dream die and a nightmare involving the old age home in Happy Gilmore coming into focus.

Yup. My realtor has been fan fucking tastic so far so I have faith. I'd recommend him a million times over to anyone in Tucson just for the quality of work he's done already.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Yup. My realtor has been fan fucking tastic so far so I have faith. I'd recommend him a million times over to anyone in Tucson just for the quality of work he's done already.
What chi and the black lodge said.

Break theirs ball. Sellers realtor got greed.

Write them a letter about how you love the house, the make them pay closing. :lol:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea gonna probably try the letter route. Oh my wife is a Covid nurse saving lives working 4 shifts a week and is a hero blah blah lol
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Wonder if this explains the drop in the appraisal?

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/resi ... rch-shows/" target="_blank

Metros With the Biggest Drops in Demand
No. 1 Tulsa, OK Metro

No. 2 Salt Lake City, UT Metro

No. 3 Tucson, AZ Metro

No. 4 Virginia Beach, VA Metro

No. 5 Cincinnati, OH Metro

No. 6 Jacksonville, FL Metro

No. 7 Kansas City, MO Metro

No. 8 Knoxville, TN Metro

No. 9 Little Rock, AR Metro

No. 10 Boise City, ID Metro
KingG

Post by KingG »

Drop in demand? That’s not what I’m seeing at all.

The reality is appraisers are hesitant to acknowledge how rapidly values are increasing. I mean there are bidding wars on just about every competitively priced home listed for under $300k in Tucson.

Appraisers don’t want to be blamed again for “inflating” values if they come crashing down again.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

We had a similar thing when we bought our house.... it was appraised for about 10K less than our agreed offer... ended up getting our house for 10K less..... unless they think they can sell it for a cash offer, it should work out in your favor
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

KingG wrote:Drop in demand? That’s not what I’m seeing at all.

The reality is appraisers are hesitant to acknowledge how rapidly values are increasing. I mean there are bidding wars on just about every competitively priced home listed for under $300k in Tucson.

Appraisers don’t want to be blamed again for “inflating” values if they come crashing down again.
Yep that's what happened to us. Bidding war with 8 parties. Sales price went from 265 to 280. Appraised at 244. House was originally listed at 245 in late June.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Good lord, what a damn roller coaster tonight. Went from the seller saying there's no way he'd sell the house and we were going to have to ditch my lender (and employer) for another lender (who has the same program basically for a much lower rate) so we can get another appraisal and hope it's high enough...

to now we are getting the feeling that the seller might be reconsidering and could take the low appraised offer after all. Nothing's confirmed either way.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:Good lord, what a damn roller coaster tonight. Went from the seller saying there's no way he'd sell the house and we were going to have to ditch my lender (and employer) for another lender (who has the same program basically for a much lower rate) so we can get another appraisal and hope it's high enough...

to now we are getting the feeling that the seller might be reconsidering and could take the low appraised offer after all. Nothing's confirmed either way.
Stand strong. Play hardball. They need this sale. You, on the other hand, have youth and time on your side.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Eastside, but my dad's neighbor sold their house in one day.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9209 ... 3542_zpid/" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My father in law's house is going on the market soon in the Pantano and 22nd st area and I believe they are going to ask in the neighborhood of $175,000.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Merkin wrote:Eastside, but my dad's neighbor sold their house in one day.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9209 ... 3542_zpid/" target="_blank
Just looked at that one yesterday. Pretty nice

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea one day is not unheard of
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We sold our house in Vail in 9 days back in February for full asking price.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UAEebs86 wrote:We sold our house in Vail in 9 days back in February for full asking price.
And thats back when there was way more inventory. I bet if you sold it now you'd probably get a few thousand over asking price and sell it in like 3 days instead of 9.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

They caved. They gave us the reduced sales price and still are paying some of our closing costs as a credit towards some small repairs. I'm shocked but it's ours! Even our realtor who is amazing and is very good at his job and has been doing this for 20 years is blown away.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Congrats SD!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hell yeah! Nice job scum!

Break

Their

Balls.

(I’m sure they are very nice people; take the statement in spirit)
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lol totally. We're probably going to buy them some kind of a gift when it's all said and done. Lovely people. But we won!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Congratulations.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If you had a bidding war going on your home sale, wouldn't it make sense to accept an offer that had extra cash in hand to make up the difference between the appraisal and the sale price that must be common is such situations? (if there are no cash offers)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UAEebs86 wrote:If you had a bidding war going on your home sale, wouldn't it make sense to accept an offer that had extra cash in hand to make up the difference between the appraisal and the sale price that must be common is such situations? (if there are no cash offers)
That doesn't work unless the buyer is willing to pay a ton of money over the appraisal price all as a down payment. Since you can't get a loan for an amount higher than the appraisal number. So unless you're willing to pay like $270k with $25k down for a house that is valued at $245k...

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hmmm, sell my Cali home, and use the equity to buy one in Tucson for cash, and no longer have a mortgage!

Nahhhh.

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/t ... he-weather" target="_blank

TUCSON, Ariz. — The housing market is unseasonably strong across the country with asking prices in July up 13 percent compared to the same time last year.

“It’s hot! I always tell my sellers it's a great time to sell and when we go to buy its going to be a bit rocky,” said Tucson Redfin Real Estate Agent Kristi Penrod.

Penrod says the pandemic has brought down supply and boosted demand. According to a Redfin report, prices are up in the summer when things normally start to lag. There are fewer houses on the market, record low interest rates, and pandemic precautions are creating bottlenecks.

“Every transaction right now is a little harder too.”

Penrod says another trend is picking up steam. People working from home moving out of expensive cities.

“People that can cash out of really expensive markets with a great income, and they don't necessarily have to be in San Francisco or Seattle, or Denver. They have decided to come into our market.”

For locals buyers that means competing with out-of-towners paying in cash.

“I’m getting 4,5,6 calls a week from out of town buyers, we have a lot of buyers doing facetime or virtual tours and not even seeing properties until they close.”

There will always be ups and downs in real estate. Penrod says so far, the pricing surge has been relatively stable.

“I think that Tucson will continue to be desirable. It will continue to be a place that is affordable. Even though our prices are going up our median home price is still well under 300,000.”
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Your part of California is very nice. But if you were in LA or San Francisco, I'd definitely look at Tucson. Cheaper than California but it's as expensive as it's ever been here