Congrats to UCLA for winning the South.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Congrats to UCLA for winning the South.

Post by CalStateTempe »

Go represent well against Oregon.
whatisee

Re: Congrats to UCLA for winning the South.

Post by whatisee »

i see you've been drinking
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Anything can happen next week.

Perhaps they get caught in traffic on their way to the Rose Bowl and Stanford gets a W.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Stanford's best offensive player, Ty Montgomery, is questionable with a bad shoulder.

But I'm sure that won't hurt the Trees' offensive juggernaut.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I like the strategy CST but we don't need no stinking jinxes. Go tree's, it's time to believe
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

Stanford has beat UCLA 6 straight in last 5 seasons.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Mora hasn't beaten Stanford in three tries
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I see what the OP did and ucla hasn't beat Stanford lately but this isn't the Nerds of late.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

MrBug708 wrote:Mora hasn't beaten Stanford in three tries
All they need is more black face paint. Seriously though, good luck vs the Ducks.

Espn already has a poll out asking who will win in the Ucla v Oregon game. Ucla will hear all week about how great they are, how if they beat Oregon they should be in the playoffs. Meanwhile Stanford will be listening and waiting in what looks at first glance to be the ultimate trap game for the Bruins.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

whatisee wrote:i see you've been drinking
Sober as can be.

I for one continue to welcome mora and our bruins PAC-12 south overlords.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Note to self, wear moar blackface.

Signed
Bruins PAC-12 south champion defensive coordinator
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

dc4azcats wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Mora hasn't beaten Stanford in three tries
All they need is more black face paint. Seriously though, good luck vs the Ducks.

Espn already has a poll out asking who will win in the Ucla v Oregon game. Ucla will hear all week about how great they are, how if they beat Oregon they should be in the playoffs. Meanwhile Stanford will be listening and waiting in what looks at first glance to be the ultimate trap game for the Bruins.
They wore some more tonight :)
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

At the end of the season, what more can a team ask for than to have their fate be in their own hands?

Personally, I'd love it if that were true for AZ.

Unfortunately, it's not.

Frankly, I'd be rather shocked if furd beat UCLA. This year's furd team isn't the team of the last few years. This year's UCLA team is pretty darn good, and seems to be on the rise. They creamed usc, and I see little reason why they won't cream furd, especially with furd's reported (as in, I saw them reported in this thread) injury issues.

Unless UCLA pulls an Arizona-sized choke-while-shooting-self-in-foot job, they win the pac12 south.

Though to be honest, I really don't care (about the pac12 south thing, we had our chances and blew that). I just want to see us beat ASsU.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

This is Stanford's Pac-12 title game. Go 'Furd.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

PieceOfMeat wrote:At the end of the season, what more can a team ask for than to have their fate be in their own hands?

Unfortunately, it's not.

Frankly, I'd be rather shocked if furd beat UCLA. This year's furd team isn't the team of the last few years. This year's UCLA team is pretty darn good, and seems to be on the rise. They creamed usc, and I see little reason why they won't cream furd, especially with furd's reported (as in, I saw them reported in this thread) injury issues.

Unless UCLA pulls an Arizona-sized choke-while-shooting-self-in-foot job, they win the pac12 south.

Though to be honest, I really don't care (about the pac12 south thing, we had our chances and blew that). I just want to see us beat ASsU.
Honestly the worst thing that could happen at this point, outside of losing to ASSU would be for UCLA to win and then beat Oregon. We will be stuck in the Who Cares Bowl in CIty I Don't Give A Shit to Visit almost assuredly in that scenario. Maybe that sounds trite considering how good this season really has been, but I hate the current Pac 12 bowls. I would like to dream that we still have a shot at the Fiesta if we beat ASSU
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

splitsecond wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:At the end of the season, what more can a team ask for than to have their fate be in their own hands?

Unfortunately, it's not.

Honestly the worst thing that could happen at this point, outside of losing to ASSU would be for UCLA to win and then beat Oregon. We will be stuck in the Who Cares Bowl in CIty I Don't Give A Shit to Visit almost assuredly in that scenario. Maybe that sounds trite considering how good this season really has been, but I hate the current Pac 12 bowls. I would like to dream that we still have a shot at the Fiesta if we beat ASSU
in that scenario we'd probably be in the holiday bowl vs. Iowa or Nebraska or Minnesota
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

ASUHATER! wrote:
splitsecond wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not.

in that scenario we'd probably be in the holiday bowl vs. Iowa or Nebraska or Minnesota
I don't mind the Holiday bowl but talk about crappy competition. Wouldn't mind getting a chance at revenge on Pelini though.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That holiday bowl is literally the only "big" game under pelini that Nebraska wasn't blown out in.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If we are in the Holiday bowl it will be a disappointment.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASU getting the Alamo then?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If Ucla wins then it's them and Oregon in the playoffs/fiesta and asu and Arizona are Alamo/holiday bound

Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That just shows how much older I'm getting.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Katzenfreund wrote:They might win the South, however...

UCLA fans are as dumb as a box of hammers.

Anyone remember when the same thing happened at TOS? Someone posted that line, then I think it was killervibe called it out as probably an ASU fan. Then when everyone laughed at him, he said he was only joking and knew it was the line from Animal House all along.
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Katzenfreund wrote:Men don't get older. They get more interesting.
Not me. :D

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Personally I believe that Mora is enough of a pompous ass that there is a good chance his guys are not properly prepared to grind this game out. Stanford is coming off a massive blowout against Cal and has confidence. They would love to ruin UCLA's season. I don't think this is a gimme by any means. Sure, they have won in desperation and against their city rival, but this team has showed weak mental makeup pretty much every other game this season.

This is no gimme.
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

UCLA has more talent, better coaching, hotter cheerleaders, better uniforms, and better fans. This game is over before it even starts.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

splitsecond wrote:Personally I believe that Mora is enough of a pompous ass that there is a good chance his guys are not properly prepared to grind this game out. Stanford is coming off a massive blowout against Cal and has confidence. They would love to ruin UCLA's season. I don't think this is a gimme by any means. Sure, they have won in desperation and against their city rival, but this team has showed weak mental makeup pretty much every other game this season.

This is no gimme.
Why is Stanford the only team with confidence? Ucla blew out the Trojans in a must win game. Stanford is talented but I'd be surprised if UCLA loses this game.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

MrBug708 wrote:
splitsecond wrote:Personally I believe that Mora is enough of a pompous ass that there is a good chance his guys are not properly prepared to grind this game out. Stanford is coming off a massive blowout against Cal and has confidence. They would love to ruin UCLA's season. I don't think this is a gimme by any means. Sure, they have won in desperation and against their city rival, but this team has showed weak mental makeup pretty much every other game this season.

This is no gimme.
Why is Stanford the only team with confidence? Ucla blew out the Trojans in a must win game. Stanford is talented but I'd be surprised if UCLA loses this game.
He's just trying to find a reason to get his hopes up for AZ having a chance at the p12 South title.

UCLA is going to win this game, and I'd not be surprised if they won it by more than 2 touchdowns.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

You don't fool me PoM ;)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I agree - Stanford has zero chance.
-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

There is no doubt UCLA is more talented and I believe well coached but you know, shit happens.

Furd is coming off a very disappointing season with zero accomplishments. While we know the Bruins have motivation I think Furd ' s pride means a lot as well.

I think they can slow Hundley and they will stall the game to a crawl. This one will be close
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So, I hesitate to say this out loud, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better for our chances in the bowl game if we don't have to play an extra game this season.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

MrBug708 wrote:

This is no gimme.
Me too. I'm expecting the Bruins to win by at least 3 touchdown. They are truly the standard bearer for the south and will show it this game against Stanford.

I just want to congratulate UCLA on a fine season ahead of time.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Stanford sucks. I've accepted the fate that the south is a tie for us at best.

They have shown no heart this year and I don't expect to see it now.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Chicat wrote:So, I hesitate to say this out loud, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better for our chances in the bowl game if we don't have to play an extra game this season.
I am starting to believe this. Let the black face painted Bruins get rolled by the Ducks! And we slide in the 2nd bowl position but I would love to beat ASSU and the Ducks again!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

If we wear facepaint vs the Ducks, we should take it
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Line has moved to -6.5
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Congrats bug

Ucla has been the class act of the south this season. The rest of us are playing jv ball.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Darn you PoM
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CalStateTempe wrote:Go represent well against Oregon.

Paybacks a bitch eh bug?

Lololololol
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Go bRuinz
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

MrBug708 wrote:Darn you PoM
Hey now, I didn't start the thread.

I'm honestly shocked that ucla went down like that to furd.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Darn you PoM
Hey now, I didn't start the thread.

I'm honestly shocked that ucla went down like that to furd.
I'm not. UCLA was absolutely content to have beaten USC and Hundley was counting his NFL millions.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I would like to thank the person that got the ball rolling for Arizona's PAC-12 South Championship:

Chris Petersen and his chart:

-JB
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Go represent well against Oregon.

Paybacks a bitch eh bug?

Lololololol

Mora is 13-2 's the south. 6-8 vs the north. Time for 8 games in conference.

Payback is coming I think ;)