Kylan Boswell

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Winger

Re: Kylan Boswell

Post by Winger »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:14 pm
Winger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:16 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:04 am I trust Lloyd and it sounds like he wants Boswell

More than good enough for me
He didn't want Boswell.
Was Vegas the final straw or was Tommy already done with Boswell before then?
I don’t know and that post of mine comes off like I do. I was judging off of Boswell transferring, i.e. if Lloyd wanted Boswell he wouldn’t have transferred. He would never come out and say that to anyone (I don’t believe he would anyway) however as he doesn’t do that. You could tell that Boswell was done at Arizona though. The no shows, which continued right through to the end of the season (actually became worse), the import of position he plays at a program like Arizona, the off the court rumors (no clue if those are true either), the team’s play with Bradley in and him out, the 2-year plan, etc. A bit of a sad story, the ending in comparison to his start to the season. Hope he recovers at Illinois.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Winger wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:19 am
PHXCATS wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:04 am I trust Lloyd and it sounds like he wants Boswell

He didn't want Boswell.
I don’t know and that post of mine comes off like I do. I was judging off of Boswell transferring, i.e. if Lloyd wanted Boswell he wouldn’t have transferred. He would never come out and say that to anyone (I don’t believe he would anyway) however as he doesn’t do that. You could tell that Boswell was done at Arizona though. The no shows, which continued right through to the end of the season (actually became worse), the import of position he plays at a program like Arizona, the off the court rumors (no clue if those are true either), the team’s play with Bradley in and him out, the 2-year plan, etc. A bit of a sad story, the ending in comparison to his start to the season. Hope he recovers at Illinois.
A couple of observations:
  • I can't imagine CTL ever saying he "didn't want" a player publicly - especially based solely upon on-court performance/development.
  • I hope CTL gave Boz honest feedback regarding his assessment, challenges and prospects moving forward, not whether he was "wanted-or-not"
  • I think it's possible Boz was already leaning "transfer" before any postseason feedback from the coaching staff.
  • CTL obviously gave Boz full support keeping him as starter throughout, when his performance was faltering.
  • I doubt we'll ever have definitive answers to this unless CTL publishes a tell-all memoir post-retirement - which I doublt would ever happen...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:02 am
Winger wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:19 am

He didn't want Boswell.
A couple of observations:
  • I can't imagine CTL ever saying he "didn't want" a player publicly - especially based solely upon on-court performance/development.
  • I hope CTL gave Boz honest feedback regarding his assessment, challenges and prospects moving forward, not whether he was "wanted-or-not"
  • I think it's possible Boz was already leaning "transfer" before any postseason feedback from the coaching staff.
  • CTL obviously gave Boz full support keeping him as starter throughout, when his performance was faltering.
  • I doubt we'll ever have definitive answers to this unless CTL publishes a tell-all memoir post-retirement - which I doublt would ever happen...
I hope Boz has a great season at Illinois, and they suck! Cause I always hope Illinois sucks.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Looks like the UA Basketball weight training regimen may leave something to be desired.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Maybe he cut back on the tequila.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

If Boz doesn't leave blood on the floor for Brad Underwood his coach will take a pound of flesh for every game. No one knows what goes on behind a closed practice, but I'm willing to bet that Tommy ain't as prone to putting the fear of blood sacrifice into a player the way Underwood is. I Bet Boswell comes out swinging at Illinois. If he gets punched hard and doesn't get up fighting mad he might never see the light of day again. Just my opinion.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

He's off the Eegee's and Sonora dog diet apparently.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:05 pm Looks like the UA Basketball weight training regimen may leave something to be desired.
Or Boswell has finally started to get dedicated. Considering we have the same weight training staff we've had since Sean Miller started here, I'm going to go with that and not that our regimen sucks.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think some of it might be the Illinois coach holding him accountable off the court. Seems Lloyd is a little more hands off. Underwood is not a warm and fuzzy guy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

If Lloyd can't control his players on the court, doubtful they will listen to him regarding off court behavior.

Lute of course had issues with players partying before critical games. Thinking Luke and RJ had some notorious ones.

There was a clip yesterday someone posted about Walton talking how he got RJ suspended for 2 games when he bought him a ticket to SD for him and Luke.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:58 pm If Lloyd can't control his players on the court, doubtful they will listen to him regarding off court behavior.

Lute of course had issues with players partying before critical games. Thinking Luke and RJ had some notorious ones.

There was a clip yesterday someone posted about Walton talking how he got RJ suspended for 2 games when he bought him a ticket to SD for him and Luke.
FFS
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Merkin wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:58 pm If Lloyd can't control his players on the court, doubtful they will listen to him regarding off court behavior.

Don't forget about the Khalid Reeves incident with that girl.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner