2024 New York Yankees

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: 2024 New York Yankees

Post by Chicat »

He had 80 RBIs before July. The only other guys to do that in a Yankee uniform are named Gehrig & Ruth. I ain’t blaming him for shit.

I think the overall frustration is with the number of GIDPs there have been, which are staggering. They lead the majors and it’s a real fucking problem. Pitchers with any kind of splitter, changeup, slider, slurve, sweeper, whatever that drops knows they can get nearly every Yankee to pound it into the turf and get out of a tough inning.

It's real bad and a recipe for a first round flameout.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chi - it sounds like you need a good chuckle to take your mind off of the Yankee woes…

Heard about the new Tottenham bra?

Lot’s of support, but no cups…
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I hope someone takes an awkward picture of you eating a hot dog and then shares it in the ECC family group chat.

Happy 4th of July ya fuckin’ gooner
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

The fact that the Yankees, the team dubbed the evil empire have JD Davis as their clean up hitter is the problem. Come on Cashman what the fuck are we doing here with this roster. And you cant really blame injuries since we have been pretty lucky there with the only real meaningful injury is Stanton who you have to pencil in as missing at minimum 60 games a year The seem to put a lot of faith in guys who clearly have not been good for a few seasons to step it up in contract years.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

1 hit through 4 innings against a sub .500 Reds squad on the 4th of fucking July.

Hold a players only meeting. Yell at somebody. DO SOMETHING!

Why do I watch? Am I a masochist?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fire Boone
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That was brutal.

Ironic it happened on George Costanza bobble head night too.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yankees just gave the O’s all the momentum possible and all but ensured them winning the AL East after a truly dumb-shit walk-off loss in a game that would have marked a sweep and a move back into first place.

Time to make some trades. This is not a championship caliber team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:20 pmFire Boone
Please
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Added another outfielder while our infielders continue to not be able to hit a beach ball, seems to have worked for a couple days against the lowly Red Sox but we will see long term. Stanton coming back should add some more fire power as should the Martian a little further down the road. Hopefully Jazz can play some infield.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gronk4heisman wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:34 am Added another outfielder while our infielders continue to not be able to hit a beach ball
Also continue to not be able to field. I was convinced Gleyber’s 9th inning error was going to result in some huge Red Sox rally.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I just grabbed Stanton for my fantasy team. Judge has been golden for me this year so might be pressing my luck Chi.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Stanton usually comes off the IL hot … and then gets injured again two weeks later.

Yanks have won 3 in a row for the first time in 6 weeks, but even better they’ve scored 7+ runs four games in a row. Now keep that shit up.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So apparently it was a sellers market and the asking prices were crazy, but I thought the Yanks should have pushed harder for Flaherty. And I’m surprised they couldn’t move Verdugo and/or Torres. Maybe they didn’t try? But beyond some bullpen help and Jazz, pretty underwhelming effort at the deadline for Cashman.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Or maybe Jazz was all we needed.

First Yankee to have 4 homers in their first 3 games, and the first MLB player ever to homer twice in a game two times in their first three games with a club.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Allowing a team that may be the worst in baseball history to score 12 runs (their most all season) while stranding 16 baserunners. Cool job guys!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Amazing just how embarrassing a team with a top-3 record can be.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

You fucking Yankees fans are always whining. Just STFU. All teams have issues so get out of your pinstriped bubble.

:P :P :P
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:14 pm You fucking Yankees fans are always whining. Just STFU. All teams have issues so get out of your pinstriped bubble.

All teams aren't the most winning franchise in all of sports, my friend :D .

The issue that most of my circle of Yankee fan friends have is this ownership group is perfectly happy with forever being just good enough to lose in the first round of the playoffs every year.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

gronk4heisman wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:07 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:14 pm You fucking Yankees fans are always whining. Just STFU. All teams have issues so get out of your pinstriped bubble.

All teams aren't the most winning franchise in all of sports, my friend :D .

The issue that most of my circle of Yankee fan friends have is this ownership group is perfectly happy with forever being just good enough to lose in the first round of the playoffs every year.
Haha- yeah I get it. So living out here sports talk radio is about as entertaining as it gets listening to both Yankees and Mets fans go on about their teams.

But for the Yanks, most of the fans are resigned to the fact these are no longer the “George” years. Half of them blame Cashman, half of them blame Boone.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They should blame Hal Steinbrenner.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Chicat wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:47 pm They should blame Hal Steinbrenner.
This exactly.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

8-7 against Blue Jays, Angels, Rangers, White Sox and Tigers.

That’s a glimpse into the future of a first round playoff exit.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Chicat wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:47 pm They should blame Hal Steinbrenner.
Nah, it was that George Costanza guy that put the monkey wrench into the Steinbrenner organization
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

What are we even doing here with DJ Lamahieu? A .189 BA to go with 7 extra base hits in 62 games? I am fairly certain I could find a more capable player at Salpointe HS right now.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

According to Boone, every struggling player is putting together really good at bats and they’re right on the cusp of breaking out. Doesn’t matter if a guy has been dogshit for a couple of years. Next game will be the one where they turn it around.

Yankees need a manager who has expectations and demands his players live up to them. Not a cheerleader who is just there to say nice things about them when they go 1-13 during a three game losing streak.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’d give up one of my kids* for this opportunity.
*the bad one
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

*the one who doesn't take after Femcat
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Can’t wait until Hal’s shallow pockets, Cashman’s inactivity, and Boone’s loyalty to players who KEEP… FUCKING… BLOWING IT … equals a nice tidy first round exit from the playoffs, wasting another year of Judge and Cole and the only year of Soto because these motherfuckers are cheap and stupid.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The Yankees bullpen looks like Katherine Hepburn after an all night bender…
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:00 am The Yankees bullpen looks like Katherine Hepburn after an all night bender…
It's cool we went all in to fix our, at the time, major league lead in blown saves (which has since grown) to get (check's notes) Mark Lieter Jr. and his 6+ ERA and Enyel De Los Santos who has already been cut and made is way to the White Sox and all it took was giving up our own relief pitcher in Caleb Ferguson who is pitching for our buddies down in Houston with a 2.70 ERA. Clearly these guys are making moves that are to smart for an average fan like me to understand the genius behind.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They’ve made four recent trades for relievers and only Leiter is still on the team. That’s just terrible scouting. Fire someone.