Fuck asu

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCatInTheHat

Re: Fuck asu

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I guess it's not unexpected, but since moving away from Arizona a few years ago, my attention toward ASU and their local media is now almost non-existent. I used to get annoyed about their various lame attempts to downplay and smear all things Wildcat. But, in addition to those geographic changes, they've completely fallen off the relevancy cliff with no relief in sight. Yesterday I was looking around for more info about Arizona's closed practices, so I went back to the Republic for the first time in what felt like forever. Nothing on what I was looking for, of course, but there was their pathetic gnome who gets paid to scour the internet for dirt on the Wildcats (which I guess is the modern journalism.) He cherry-picked the always-there dissenting opinions of eastern blogger types who looked at our ranking and projected outlook and dredged out that tired old chant "overrated." Well, if it makes the fans of the last-place team feel any better, I'm all for improving their mental health; they can use all the help they can get. But it's still pretty pathetically weak and cringe-worthy.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:05 am I guess it's not unexpected, but since moving away from Arizona a few years ago, my attention toward ASU and their local media is now almost non-existent. I used to get annoyed about their various lame attempts to downplay and smear all things Wildcat. But, in addition to those geographic changes, they've completely fallen off the relevancy cliff with no relief in sight. Yesterday I was looking around for more info about Arizona's closed practices, so I went back to the Republic for the first time in what felt like forever. Nothing on what I was looking for, of course, but there was their pathetic gnome who gets paid to scour the internet for dirt on the Wildcats (which I guess is the modern journalism.) He cherry-picked the always-there dissenting opinions of eastern blogger types who looked at our ranking and projected outlook and dredged out that tired old chant "overrated." Well, if it makes the fans of the last-place team feel any better, I'm all for improving their mental health; they can use all the help they can get. But it's still pretty pathetically weak and cringe-worthy.
You talking their beat Cheerleader err reporter who is the 2nd most unprofessional person in media aka Michelle?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Quiet summer for ASU getting ready for the season. I'm used to hearing more hype from Arizona State's week(s) at Camp Tontazona but maybe the local media coverage isn't quite as excited going into the season? What reports I find praise QB Sam Leavitt as a step up for leading the offense. Over the weekend a DB "retired" on them. Not too big of a hit, because the defensive backfield is supposed to be one of ASU's strengths.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:43 am Quiet summer for ASU getting ready for the season. I'm used to hearing more hype from Arizona State's week(s) at Camp Tontazona but maybe the local media coverage isn't quite as excited going into the season? What reports I find praise QB Sam Leavitt as a step up for leading the offense. Over the weekend a DB "retired" on them. Not too big of a hit, because the defensive backfield is supposed to be one of ASU's strengths.
I have a feeling they're going to be better than the pundits say they are. I think they hit it and filled a lot of needs from the transfer portal. I don't dislike them any less but I am trying to be honest about them.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I have not seen much coverage from them here in Phoenix but I do think they will not be awful. Hope they are beyond awful though

All I see from them are cheerleading posts from the azcentral asu cheerleader errrrr beat reporter Michelle. Remember only UA fans went maskless (her words even though UA fans wore masks at a much higher percentage) at the 2021-2022 UA v asu basketball game in Tempe and she threw a fit......

Also begs players and coaches for follows.....

Absolutely pathetic but par for the course at assu
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:43 am Quiet summer for ASU getting ready for the season. I'm used to hearing more hype from Arizona State's week(s) at Camp Tontazona but maybe the local media coverage isn't quite as excited going into the season? What reports I find praise QB Sam Leavitt as a step up for leading the offense. Over the weekend a DB "retired" on them. Not too big of a hit, because the defensive backfield is supposed to be one of ASU's strengths.

Do they still go up to Payson for a week? I thought they stopped doing that?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:24 am

Do they still go up to Payson for a week? I thought they stopped doing that?
They stopped during Covid but have resumed the tradition

https://arizonasports.com/story/3549762 ... -schedule/
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

They still do Tontozona for a long weekend. I think it's like Thurs - Sun? Hard to tell what we'll get from ASu this year. Should have upgraded talent, but still question marks on both lines. Especially with depth. I expect an upgrade from 3 wins, but not huge. Probably looking at 5-6 wins with one likely big surprise? Just a guess.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Given Arizona State's 3-9 season last year to commence Dillingham's tenure, the Sun Devil's 2-0 start thus far is otherwise an inspiring start to the season. They definitely appear a notch or two better. Win 1 was a total storming of Wyoming 48-7 and Win 2 over Mississippi State is ASU's first program win over an SEC program.

After I finished watching our game Vs NAU last Saturday, I flipped over to the 4th quarter of ASU Vs Mississippi State. Notably, RB Cam Skattebo rushed for an impressive 262 yards. Good for Skattebo, but is ASU's reliance on him sustainable? As the game moved along, ASU rode Skattabo into the ground after Sam Leavitt's play at QB went cold. Leavitt passed for a total of 69 yards, one more yard than what he rushed for. Leavitt's most productive plays were designed scrambles with a passing option, which sustained drives in the 1st quarter until Mississippi State's defense shut it down. Without Skattebo's backbreaking effort, ASU gives up this game down the stretch.

Arizona State plays tonight @ Texas State.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson