Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: Sean Miller

Post by Olsondogg »

For whatever reason? Dude broke his foot playing the game...and even though he, his coach and his docs can all tell you that he's 100%, there has to be some voice in your head that worries about it happening again. I am sure that it takes every individual time to trust that things are good...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/mediaPor ... m_id=30700

Today's presser. Not as good as the highest praise. Not as bad as the sharpest criticism.
Right where I want to be.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

FLASHBACK TUESDAY :lol:

Sean Miller @uacoachmiller
boarding flight in nyc & a guy says, "coach i love your style! i was a huge fan of yours at west virginia...

...that spread option you started is unstoppable. what brings you out here?"

my response: "coach kelly of the @eagles flew me out here to get his offense back on track!"

His response, "Ain't that some shit!" Sorry @CoachRodAZ, I couldn't resist. #BearDownNYC #SpreadOption

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... -rodriguez
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Miller is taking time, finally, to enjoy this season. It is nice to see.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Really surprised Miller would use the word "shit" in social media, although he certainly knows how to curse.

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Awesome Merkin!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Merkin wrote:Really surprised Miller would use the word "shit" in social media, although he certainly knows how to curse.

Freaking outstanding Merkin
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:Really surprised Miller would use the word "shit" in social media, although he certainly knows how to curse.

Motherfuckin YES!!!!

Honor the Process!

WWLS?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

"The game was officiated in a unique way."

:lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

AZCatGirl wrote:"The game was officiated in a unique way."

Is there a link to the "hallway presser's"????????????? thanks
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CBCat wrote:

He said that in the post game radio interview. The hallway presser should be up on the official YouTube page sometime tonight.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
CBCat wrote:

He said that in the post game radio interview. The hallway presser should be up on the official YouTube page sometime tonight.
figures, I don't have the radio on tonight, and he says a gem like that.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CBCat

Post by CBCat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
CBCat wrote:

Link to the Jeffries radio interview??? Usually one right?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

CBCat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
CBCat wrote:

Link to the Jeffries radio interview??? Usually one right?
not that I have.
I usually listen to the real radio
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So with Korcheck's performance does CSM get a reprieve from the "He doesn't develop the bench!" crowd?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Sure, but now he faces the Why Doesn't He Play More crowd. Not to be confused with the Start Pitts crowd.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

gumby wrote:Sure, but now he faces the Why Doesn't He Play More crowd. Not to be confused with the Start Pitts crowd.
Im a big fan of the start Dusan crowd. It's all about personal preference, I guess.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If you want this team to continue to win, Zeus plays as many minutes as he can.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote:If you want this team to continue to win, Zeus plays as many minutes as he can.
Totally agree. Zeus frustrates me so much at times, but he does so much that goes unnoticed under the basket and we would be screwed without him
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:So with Korcheck's performance does CSM get a reprieve from the "He doesn't develop the bench!" crowd?
BTW, Arizona is now +7.7 in bench scoring margin.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

47-1
Machina

Post by Machina »

Kaleb impacts the game in so many ways that are not seen in the stat sheet. Not starting him would be a major mistake by Miller.
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby wrote:
Chicat wrote:So with Korcheck's performance does CSM get a reprieve from the "He doesn't develop the bench!" crowd?
BTW, Arizona is now +7.7 in bench scoring margin.
Bench in the Bay Area, outscored foes 50-15. But Don't Understand Sub Pattern and What The Hell Is This Line-up? crowds undeterred. Perhaps, Miller Needs To Develop Bench crowd can explain.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Also love how Miller isn't rushing to congratulate K.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So he's not happy with PAC officiating...hmmm....
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

came out todays pressor?

what did he say?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

gumby wrote: Not to be confused with the Start Pitts crowd.
I'd like to be treasurer of the "Start Rondae and Stanley at the wings, but play Pitts more than York" club. Or maybe secretary. I am not certain enough of my position to pursue the presidency, but I am pretty sure this is the club I want to be a part of.

Of course, my membership in the "I just want to win, and I trust this coach to do that" club may, at times, interfere with or override my work with the other club.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The gist is basically, why bother rebounding offensively in the PAC if they are just gonna call fouls....and then do it differently the next game.

He basically said that it is hard to coach the team on what to do when games are called so inconsistently and that things change once the PAC season is over.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Pascoe has the summary and some quotes:

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/a ... og.twitter
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Yep, Miller was upset about the officiating after multiple players for both Stanford and Arizona spent last Thursday’s game in heavy foul trouble.

I’m now more aware of officiating,” Miller said. “Sometimes in a game, it’s not smart to offensive rebound because they’re just going to call a foul. Sometimes when you offensive rebound they’ll let the game go. We have to adjust.

Can't blame Miller for being p...ed about the refs. We've seen it game after
game. Arrghh moments when stupid calls are made.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

More worth repeating from Pascoe's article. Might call back off on offensive rebounding until the tourney.

Here’s the full context of how he answered the question about Tarczewski:

“We’re talking to him about it but we also have to take a look at our team rebounding,” he said. “If you look at our defensive rebounding we’re one of the nation’s best, but if you look at our offensive rebounding, some games you wanna unleash your team’s offensive rebounding, but in some games it makes no sense. It’s like a turnover. Because they’re just gonna call a foul.

“So we as coaches have to be smart with what is going to happen when the game begins. Are they gonna allow you to run hard around the guy or is that a foul? Once we determine that, we either say, `Don’t offensive rebound’ or ‘offensive rebound.’ When we get beyond the conference in the NCAA tournament, that stat will mean a lot more. The team that offensive rebounds is much more significant.

“What I will tell you is Kaleb has Stanley and Rondae in the game, with Brandon and, by the way T.J. McConnell might be the best rebounding guard in the country, so he has a lot of competition when the ball hits the rim and that’s part of why I believe his numbers aren’t maybe what they were.”
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Merkin wrote:More worth repeating from Pascoe's article. Might call back off on offensive rebounding until the tourney.

Here’s the full context of how he answered the question about Tarczewski:

“We’re talking to him about it but we also have to take a look at our team rebounding,” he said. “If you look at our defensive rebounding we’re one of the nation’s best, but if you look at our offensive rebounding, some games you wanna unleash your team’s offensive rebounding, but in some games it makes no sense. It’s like a turnover. Because they’re just gonna call a foul.

“So we as coaches have to be smart with what is going to happen when the game begins. Are they gonna allow you to run hard around the guy or is that a foul? Once we determine that, we either say, `Don’t offensive rebound’ or ‘offensive rebound.’ When we get beyond the conference in the NCAA tournament, that stat will mean a lot more. The team that offensive rebounds is much more significant.

“What I will tell you is Kaleb has Stanley and Rondae in the game, with Brandon and, by the way T.J. McConnell might be the best rebounding guard in the country, so he has a lot of competition when the ball hits the rim and that’s part of why I believe his numbers aren’t maybe what they were.”
Thank you Larry Scott and the P12 Referees! Why not just forget the rest of the game objectives and make it one big game of horse? ;-). Seriously though, this kind of lame reffing just weakens the P12's chances in the NCAAs against more physical teams. It also makes many of the P12 games painful to watch?

I wonder how much P12 Coaching candidates consider this before making their decision to accept the job or not?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Miller on: Oregon and Oregon State coming to town

http://tucson.com/online/video/more-spo ... c7e7b.html
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

So, did anyone catch this in the presser? I think it's a classic Miller diss, but want to confirm.

Starts: 5:28

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/mediaPor ... Time=05:28

And is this the same reporter who ticked him off earlier in the season?

If so, so many LULZ

That reporter needs to keep firing questions, they're completely normal questions, but Miller treats it like a Howard Stern gag.

Can someone turn this into a Vine or GIF?

"I don't understand"
"Yup, teamwork is so important, and uh, we want to have that in place"
(Staring straight at him as a matter of fact)

Maybe it wasn't meant to be intentional, but that answer is just so, fucking great
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LMAO @ "Sean Miller looks like a mafia member. Or vampire." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:So, did anyone catch this in the presser? I think it's a classic Miller diss, but want to confirm.

If so, so many LULZ

That reporter needs to keep firing questions, they're completely normal questions, but Miller treats it like a Howard Stern gag.

"I don't understand"

Maybe it wasn't meant to be intentional, but that answer is just so, fucking great
I think he honestly had no idea where that question was going. Was it even a question? Paraphrased...."You talk about pace, and then, um, does players ball and um, touching the ball, and 6 players in double figures, well, umm, chemistry and (mumbles) is that what you are talking when you (mumbles) chemistry and every player touching the ball and, um...." Spit the fuckin question out already. You talk about wanting more pace...tonight, everyone was getting touches and moving the ball quickly. Does this lend to the kind of chemistry you worried about early but now seems to be manifesting? Are you getting the buy in you want from everyone and is that indicated in their unselfish play? Or whatever he was trying to ask...the question, as asked in the presser, was like Milton talking about wanting some cake from the back row
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

anyone catch the Arizona / CSM episode of "the drive"? how was it? sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere.

btw, i'm fully expecting the asu part to resemble the old simpsons "clown college" episode
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

It was short. Cut up. Cute interview segment with BAsh's mom, but not very insightful otherwise.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

bummer. i do love me some mama bash, though.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Alright, so is Sean MIller at Lute Olson status in the community? He must be a celeb wherever he goes.
But check out the comment from the photog.

@TobechiOkuagu kiss him
@jakeicky I tried but he left everyone swarmed him

PS - lol at Miller blending in as a casual observer. He needs a mustache and hat.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Is he sucking his thumb?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Bosy Billups wrote:So, did anyone catch this in the presser? I think it's a classic Miller diss, but want to confirm.

If so, so many LULZ

"I don't understand"

I caught it. It was 100% intentional. Hilarious. It was his way of saying, without actually saying it "That is such a fucking stupid question GTFO"
Lute4God

Re: You Dont Know Sean Miller

Post by Lute4God »

dcZONAfan wrote:

If so, so many LULZ

"I don't understand"

I caught it. It was 100% intentional. Hilarious. It was his way of saying, without actually saying it "That is such a fucking stupid question GTFO"
"I get a real kick out of guys saying they know CSM ... "
gumby

Post by gumby »

catgrad97 wrote:It was short. Cut up. Cute interview segment with BAsh's mom, but not very insightful otherwise.
I learned a lot. For instance, he never swears at practice. :mrgreen: And basketball is different because athletes love it.

Honestly, it was OK, but the hype was bound to make it a let-down. Plus, too short.
Last edited by gumby on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bosy Billups wrote:Alright, so is Sean MIller at Lute Olson status in the community? He must be a celeb wherever he goes.
But check out the comment from the photog.

@TobechiOkuagu kiss him
@jakeicky I tried but he left everyone swarmed him

PS - lol at Miller blending in as a casual observer. He needs a mustache and hat.
You are so TMZ. I would hope he could sit unharassed. Mark Few is able to move about Spokane largely unencumbered. I've witnessed this on several occasions: restaurants, gocery store, his kid's basketball practice.

It was the fish bowl experience that drove Lute out of Iowa City. If you want him to stay, respect his space.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The one story about Iowa that stands out is the one Bobbi told about being out to dinner, and as Lute raises his fork to his mouth, his arm is pulled away by a fan who approached from behind and needs to get Lute's attention for an autograph.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I forgot who said years ago, maybe it was one of the ESPN announcers, but he said that there are only 2 coaches in college ball where if they go into a restaurant, everyone stops talking. Bobby Knight (when he was at IU) and Lute Olson.

gumby

Post by gumby »

Lute shoulld get an asterisk. Followed Ben Lindsey, 1-17 in conference.