So, take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks
Spaceman Spiff

Re: let's talk '21

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:44 am Small sample size, late to the table, tough "internals" pulling the rercuits elsewhere... whatever. Put together with some of Tommy's comments and his lack of HC experience and it feels like the goal for this season is just to "get started" and not to "get after it." That's hard to stomach.
Another 100 here.

It feels like we went from ready to make our push forwards after a few down seasons to "maybe we have to accept a down season again."

Guys like SCCats used to accuse us Miller lovers of being satisfied with #35. Which I wasn't. I just thought it was primarily FBI fallout and expected Miller to achieve above that level, specifically this coming season.

Now, it seems like the #35 type season SCCats style fans wanted Miller gone for is the expectation for Lloyd year 1. And somehow that's not a disappointment? That's what I don't get.

Yeah, I like Miller, but moreover, I wanted Arizona to be back and thought he could and would do it. Now I don't know. It's all multiyear projections in an ever changing transfer market before we've seen Lloyd coach a single game.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:16 am
YoDeFoe wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:44 am Small sample size, late to the table, tough "internals" pulling the rercuits elsewhere... whatever. Put together with some of Tommy's comments and his lack of HC experience and it feels like the goal for this season is just to "get started" and not to "get after it." That's hard to stomach.
Another 100 here.

It feels like we went from ready to make our push forwards after a few down seasons to "maybe we have to accept a down season again."

Guys like SCCats used to accuse us Miller lovers of being satisfied with #35. Which I wasn't. I just thought it was primarily FBI fallout and expected Miller to achieve above that level, specifically this coming season.

Now, it seems like the #35 type season SCCats style fans wanted Miller gone for is the expectation for Lloyd year 1. And somehow that's not a disappointment? That's what I don't get.

Yeah, I like Miller, but moreover, I wanted Arizona to be back and thought he could and would do it. Now I don't know. It's all multiyear projections in an ever changing transfer market before we've seen Lloyd coach a single game.
Say Arizona was in the top 20 with the roster we were expecting and we made it as far as the Sweet 16, which would be followed by the departure of Akinjo, Tubelis, & Mathurin. With these three guys as their replacements:

https://247sports.com/player/joseph-hunter-jr-46086170/
https://247sports.com/player/elvis-nnaji-46102562/
https://247sports.com/player/koren-johnson-46102078/

What would be Arizona's immediate future? Likely another year outside the top 25, right? Would that one Sweet 16 have been worth it in your opinion to pretty much rebuild all over again or would it be better to rip the bandaid off and start building it to a point where Arizona is top 25 every year?
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:53 am [I think the man will be a solid head basketball coach and I for one think our last coach was lacking in that primarily more than anything. Nothing Miller did was impressive to me post-2015 scheme-wise and it was only impressive then, because he had the horses and the buy-in amongst his players to run an effective scheme. There was no worthwhile adaptation in his coaching and quite frankly if his team didn't have Arizona on the front if their jerseys, I would have rather gouged out my eyes than watch his systems at work more often than not. I think Lloyd reverses this trend greatly and if I'm wrong you will be the first I admit that to.
This is true. Having 5*s stay multiple years is good for any coach.

I wonder how many people actually enjoyed Miller's recruiting more than his coaching. After the two year span of Wichita St and Xavier, I realized for me it was the recruiting.

I don't know that Miller could've replicated his peak at Arizona without the multiple 5*s staying several years.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:57 am everything wanted to be different and it is - hate it or love it it all will be different, top to bottom, including style of play

better will only be known in time

It just feels like things done changed, and instead of a "f*** everything else, win, win, win, win" attitude, now at night we can't sleep, we toss and turn.

After our troublesome 18-21, when will it be time to ride on our enemies?
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

If you wanted Akinjo back, you then are left with a style of play with him pounding the ball for 20 seconds. I dont think that was going to translate into a year everyone would have been happy with, because Terry is for sure no longer here and Akinjo isnt Trier with the ball in his hands.

I give Akinjo props. He is a good player, but ill take the change in system and style of play, especially with the existing players we have on the roster, over running last year back and hoping for improvement from key guys, some of whom likely arent here today.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:23 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:16 am
Another 100 here.

Say Arizona was in the top 20 with the roster we were expecting and we made it as far as the Sweet 16, which would be followed by the departure of Akinjo, Tubelis, & Mathurin. With these three guys as their replacements:

https://247sports.com/player/joseph-hunter-jr-46086170/
https://247sports.com/player/elvis-nnaji-46102562/
https://247sports.com/player/koren-johnson-46102078/

What would be Arizona's immediate future? Likely another year outside the top 25, right? Would that one Sweet 16 have been worth it in your opinion to pretty much rebuild all over again or would it be better to rip the bandaid off and start building it to a point where Arizona is top 25 every year?
I'd quote you from earlier in the thread when you said Arizona literally can't recruit 2022. I thought you were correct in how much Robbins's lack of commitment to Miller was hampering recruiting.

I'd say we saw evidence in that Miller acrobatically landed Tubelis and Kriisa when it became clear recruiting was hard. It's the sort of on the fly adjustment and late game score I haven't seen from Lloyd so far.

I mean, I think you posted that we were in it for Au'Diese Toney and lost in some part due to Miller's lame duck status. Projecting how we'd have done if Bobby actually supported Miller instead of sandbagging him is hard. Bare minimum, the 3 year extension I liked would have helped.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:34 am

I'd quote you from earlier in the thread when you said Arizona literally can't recruit 2022. I thought you were correct in how much Robbins's lack of commitment to Miller was hampering recruiting.

I'd say we saw evidence in that Miller acrobatically landed Tubelis and Kriisa when it became clear recruiting was hard. It's the sort of on the fly adjustment and late game score I haven't seen from Lloyd so far.

I mean, I think you posted that we were in it for Au'Diese Toney and lost in some part due to Miller's lame duck status. Projecting how we'd have done if Bobby actually supported Miller instead of sandbagging him is hard. Bare minimum, the 3 year extension I liked would have helped.

Arizona couldn't recruit 2022 because Miller didn't have a contract to coach that year. Those 3 guys are assuming he received an extension Spiff. Sure other guys could've been options, but Arizona under Miller was pretty much scratched off the list of any 5 star you could think of.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:37 am

Arizona couldn't recruit 2022 because Miller didn't have a contract to coach that year. Those 3 guys are assuming he received an extension Spiff. Sure other guys could've been options, but Arizona under Miller was pretty much scratched off the list of any 5 star you could think of.
The lack of a contract is what I took from saying Arizona couldn't recruit 2022.

I see it simply. Miller recruited top ten classes at Arizona except for 2010 and 2018. Did he forget how to recruit or was the situation around him limiting him?

I tend towards the situation being the driver given that he hit top ten classes consistently except for the 2018 ESPN/FBI implosion.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:54 am
ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:37 am

The lack of a contract is what I took from saying Arizona couldn't recruit 2022.

I see it simply. Miller recruited top ten classes at Arizona except for 2010 and 2018. Did he forget how to recruit or was the situation around him limiting him?

I tend towards the situation being the driver given that he hit top ten classes consistently except for the 2018 ESPN/FBI implosion.
The further from that 2019 class we got (long time relationships with those guys) the harder it got for Miller. That's just how it was going down. I'm not excusing the contract situation from that, but FBI/ESPN, a lot just added up and it became much more difficult. It'd still be going until after the sanctions were done.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:01 pm
ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:37 am Arizona couldn't recruit 2022 because Miller didn't have a contract to coach that year. Those 3 guys are assuming he received an extension Spiff. Sure other guys could've been options, but Arizona under Miller was pretty much scratched off the list of any 5 star you could think of.

The further from that 2019 class we got (long time relationships with those guys) the harder it got for Miller. That's just how it was going down. I'm not excusing the contract situation from that, but FBI/ESPN, a lot just added up and it became much more difficult. It'd still be going until after the sanctions were done.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I saw the '20 class as good evidence Miller could do some things even with almost no support from the admin.

I like Anderson, but the evidence that Lloyd can do any better than Miller while he's being sandbagged is not overwhelming to date.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:21 pm
ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:37 am Arizona couldn't recruit 2022 because Miller didn't have a contract to coach that year. Those 3 guys are assuming he received an extension Spiff. Sure other guys could've been options, but Arizona under Miller was pretty much scratched off the list of any 5 star you could think of.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I saw the '20 class as good evidence Miller could do some things even with almost no support from the admin.

I like Anderson, but the evidence that Lloyd can do any better than Miller while he's being sandbagged is not overwhelming to date.
There's a lack of evidence to argue for either case Spiff.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:59 am
RondaeShimmy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 am They wanted to fire Miller a couple of years ago, but boosters and people got mad because it would destroy a top 5 recruiting class at Arizona plus some high level transfers.

The next year Miller could only get Terry and had to scramble and desperately go to Europe to get international kids really late into the recruiting year.

This year, Miller could only get a 3 sub 100 guys.

There's a reason Miller was going international and sub 100 players (plus transfers). This is the way the wind was blowing.
Bingo.
Revisionist history. Miller was moving away from one and dones which we thought was a good idea. He picked up players who are now the core of our team. I am not going to fault CTL for recruiting this year because it is based on long term relations but I will judge him on how this team plays in November.

You can say meh about guys like Jordan Brown (I guess it is better then calling him shit) but I think you will understand his value when the season starts. You can say if this player stays these other guys will leave because no one can dispute speculation. But speculation ends in November. When you have Dickie V telling you to be patient you know you are in trouble.

What I think is clear is we have NOT gotten the normal boost given to new coaches. Normally you see recruits excited for a new era at big schools. We aren't seeing it yet and that is worrisome to me. Performance is key and it will determine whether we took a step forward or a step back. Until November no one knows.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:24 am
Chicat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 am
The best candidate to coach Arizona Basketball this year was Sean Miller. I know you disagree with that but that’s the way I feel. My takes begin and end with that premise. Tommy Boy could end up proving me wrong but so far he hasn’t.
Maybe let him coach a game first?

I don't disagree with you either persay, but there had to be a plan, and it had to be extend Sean Miller or fire him. Extending him leads to quite a bit of long term questions though. So I get why the plan was to fire Miller. Fwiw I think our core roster this year is better now than it would've been with Sean Miller.
Then I think it is only fair to expect better results then what was forecasted for his team if CTL is as good a coach. Right?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:33 pmWhat I think is clear is we have NOT gotten the normal boost given to new coaches. Normally you see recruits excited for a new era at big schools. We aren't seeing it yet and that is worrisome to me. Performance is key and it will determine whether we took a step forward or a step back. Until November no one knows.
I think that's the big thing for me. There hasn't been the momentum you want to see from a new regime. Especially in this day and age of the media and social media driving the narrative, I don't see Arizona as being regarded as one of the most active, energetic schools on the recruiting trail. I'd even settle for more 2022 commits or articles where it says we are pushing hard for top guys. If it looked like Tommy Boy was on the way to having us stacked a year from now, I think any recruiting losses this year would be chalked up to not having the time to build the relationships to where they need to be.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:29 pm

13 recruiting classes, 10 of them in the top ten.

Good classes in 2019 and 2020. A falloff in 2021 corresponding with job security.

I'm familiar with post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacies, but the statistical evidence for Miller being a top ten recruiter is fairly strong. The evidence that the decline was linked to job security is a pretty tight correlation.

It may not be impossible to argue otherwise, but that doesn't mean there's not pretty solid evidence.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Tommy has three years. If we're not back to high-level Pac contention and in the hunt for protected NCAA tourney seeds by the 2023-24 season, I'll be peeved. And I know that's more patience than a lot of the rest of you plan to have.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Good classes in 2019 and 2020. A falloff in 2021 corresponding with job security.

I'm familiar with post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacies, but the statistical evidence for Miller being a top ten recruiter is fairly strong. The evidence that the decline was linked to job security is a pretty tight correlation.

It may not be impossible to argue otherwise, but that doesn't mean there's not pretty solid evidence.
You specifically said while Miller is sandbagged. We’re not comparing Tommy to Miller at his peak man.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:02 pm
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:47 pm

You specifically said while Miller is sandbagged. We’re not comparing Tommy to Miller at his peak man.
You and Rondaeshimmy have contended he was handicapped in 2020, and I agree.

I can't pull old 247, but I think we were #18 in 2021 before the exodus. That's not the most insane bar, but #7 and #18 is a bar I'm not convinced Lloyd can meet.

He's currently 11th place in the Pac in 2021 (yes, that leaves out portal acquisitions, where I think he's 1 for 2) and #9 nationally on Anderson alone in 2022in very early rankings. So...it's hard to say Lloyd will match Miller's two toughest years of recruiting.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

My expectations for Lloyd is at least one win the tournament, thats more than we have seen 5 of the last 6 years. Mix that with some exciting basketball and I am good for now. I really hope the recruiting picks up because the Tyty and Kaluma recruitments have me questioning that area.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

A poor man's Arthur Kaluma... maybe a consolation prize?? Oh how my hopes rise and fall..
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

YoDeFoe wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:06 pm A poor man's Arthur Kaluma... maybe a consolation prize?? Oh how my hopes rise and fall..
Is that pronounced Coke Yacht? If so seems like Miami would be a perfect fit.
Last edited by gronk4heisman on Mon May 17, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:06 pm A poor man's Arthur Kaluma... maybe a consolation prize?? Oh how my hopes rise and fall..
Is this designed to make me giggle based on his first name?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Ain't for nothing that a top 150 recruit's name rhymes with fuck that.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bill Walton is going to have a lot of fun with that.

UA connection.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Suggs was the zags first top 10 recruit I think. It might be that the zags offense is not an offense that these 5 star plus guys think they can be featured in?

I would think it may take a year or two for top recruits to see Lloyd in the lead chair before they start committing but I do think he will be very good at AZ.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Don't know if it's true
Don't know how serious Arizona is interested in Kier but he's deciding soon
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I heard Suggs recruited Gonzaga
Called them and said he was very interested in playing there.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Zags have three five star players in their current class - the Gonzaga offense is a big part of the reason why.

Not hard to explain the recruiting woes this off season - HC w/no HC experience / just getting his feet on the ground here, “they’ve still got that NCAA issue out there…” and we were late to the party on the big recruitments.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

1 day maybe we'll become "The Gonzaga of the Southwest"
BeardownZonaZona

Post by BeardownZonaZona »

Lookout for Aaron Cook at some point in the next couple days
I said what I said and I mean it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

YoDeFoe wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:55 pm Zags have three five star players in their current class - the Gonzaga offense is a big part of the reason why.

Not hard to explain the recruiting woes this off season - HC w/no HC experience / just getting his feet on the ground here, “they’ve still got that NCAA issue out there…” and we were late to the party on the big recruitments.
Tommy was a part of that program. He’s been our coach for a little over a month and Arizona fans are being Arizona fans.

For fucks sake I left visiting this board daily because of the constant whining about the state of the program, and here we are. Lmao.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i seeeeeeeeeeeeeee you!
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Alieberman wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:57 pm 1 day maybe we'll become "The Gonzaga of the Southwest"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

did you know their former assistant coach just got inducted to the assistant coaches HOF?

its true!

he's now is the head coach at the University of Arizona

promising!!!
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm Lookout for Aaron Cook at some point in the next couple days
solid enough, I'm fine with him as a 10-15 minute per game guy. certainly means Kerr is going to be "the" guy next year at PG I would think. the clear biggest need is a true athletic PF imo, very interested to see if Lloyd can swing big and land someone legit at this spot, or if he will just pull in another Cook-esque grad transfer.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

BeardownZonaZona wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm Lookout for Aaron Cook at some point in the next couple days
Would be a great pick-up for us if we can land him. Again, excellent perimeter defender, can be a scorer if needed, can initiate the offense if needed, is like four years older than any player on the team and played a year already under Lloyd. Also doesn't impact our recruiting/rotation for the following season.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

goslingswagg wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:18 pm
solid enough, I'm fine with him as a 10-15 minute per game guy. certainly means Kerr is going to be "the" guy next year at PG I would think. the clear biggest need is a true athletic PF imo, very interested to see if Lloyd can swing big and land someone legit at this spot, or if he will just pull in another Cook-esque grad transfer.
Think it's easier to recruit transfers when they're getting a starting spot, and we'll there really isn't 1-5 (or they would've transfered).

As of now Lloyd has to get people to get 15 mins, that usually means looking lower in mid majors or a young guy buried in the bench of a high major.

If he gets Cook, think he should get 3/4 hybrid more so than a true PF.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm
YoDeFoe wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:55 pm Zags have three five star players in their current class - the Gonzaga offense is a big part of the reason why.

Tommy was a part of that program. He’s been our coach for a little over a month and Arizona fans are being Arizona fans.

For fucks sake I left visiting this board daily because of the constant whining about the state of the program, and here we are. Lmao.
Lord you depress me.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm

I go back and forth. Look, I feel you on the whining, but I look at these numbers.

3 recruits down to 2 (one new for one of the two older recruits). New recruit not expected to play for a year or two.

7 of top 9 scorers returning down to 5 of 9.

2 transfer adds. One contributor, one who won't be expected to be ready for a year or two. One transfer loss.

My math has 8 contributors looking for a 9th shrinking to 6 contributors.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:35 pm
goslingswagg wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:18 pm
Think it's easier to recruit transfers when they're getting a starting spot, and we'll there really isn't 1-5 (or they would've transfered).

As of now Lloyd has to get people to get 15 mins, that usually means looking lower in mid majors or a young guy buried in the bench of a high major.

If he gets Cook, think he should get 3/4 hybrid more so than a true PF.
Cook would be a very solid add.

Frankly, I think Lloyd shoyld have looked at Aiken. He had 10-15 mpg as a stretch 4 or long wing written all over him, IMO.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think Pelle is a good pickup as a shooter. My fear with Kerr is that he also has to play on the defensive side of the ball. I think he is a pest and will take charges and make some hustle plays but quite frankly I do not see him able to guard the guys that Oregon or UCLA will put out there. I don't think other teams will fear Kerr's ability to penetrate and finish because of his size and strength. That limits what I hope is a great weapon of penetrate and kick to Pelle and Ben for three. Pelle looks slight but he does have some height but he needs some muscle and weight. Hope I'm wrong but that is what Kerr has shown me to date (small sample).
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:04 pm I think Pelle is a good pickup as a shooter. My fear with Kerr is that he also has to play on the defensive side of the ball. I think he is a pest and will take charges and make some hustle plays but quite frankly I do not see him able to guard the guys that Oregon or UCLA will put out there. I don't think other teams will fear Kerr's ability to penetrate and finish because of his size and strength. That limits what I hope is a great weapon of penetrate and kick to Pelle and Ben for three. Pelle looks slight but he does have some height but he needs some muscle and weight. Hope I'm wrong but that is what Kerr has shown me to date (small sample).
That destroyed the Cats last year. UA guards unable to defend taller guards which was like every other competitive team.

Also won't miss Jordan Brown as some of the others here. Couldn't defend anyone taller, and had a very poor shot selection and couldn't shoot free throws.

And yes, he was named PAC-12 6th man of the year, but not sure why.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:04 pm I think Pelle is a good pickup as a shooter. My fear with Kerr is that he also has to play on the defensive side of the ball. I think he is a pest and will take charges and make some hustle plays but quite frankly I do not see him able to guard the guys that Oregon or UCLA will put out there. I don't think other teams will fear Kerr's ability to penetrate and finish because of his size and strength. That limits what I hope is a great weapon of penetrate and kick to Pelle and Ben for three. Pelle looks slight but he does have some height but he needs some muscle and weight. Hope I'm wrong but that is what Kerr has shown me to date (small sample).
Gotta give it to you, there’s nothing here to disagree with. We’re literally in a wait and see how it pans out situation.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Just gotta note here: Pelle Larsson is 6'5" 215lbs with a 6'9" wingspan :lol: - this kid is not at all slight. Compared to our guards/wings last season, he's got 30lbs on Akinjo or Terrell Brown, 20lbs on Baker and Mathurin and Terry. He's the most stout and physical guard at the point of arrival on campus that we've had since Rawle - who was only 5lbs heavier. Pelle is an athlete. The prime reason Larry K inserted him into the starting line-up was to have more physical guard play on both sides of the ball.

And again: Pelle had the lowest shot usage % of anyone on the Utah team last season. He may have been crazy efficient from deep, but Utah wasn't giving him PT for his buckets.

Quick edit: Larsson is the same size as Josh Green when Green was measured at the combine. Same height, wingspan, and weight.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Miller waxed eloquently about Kerr and compared him to TJ.

Trying to remember a player he ever did that with in the last 6 years.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:45 pm
Gotta give it to you, there’s nothing here to disagree with. We’re literally in a wait and see how it pans out situation.
Such is life
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:36 am Miller waxed eloquently about Kerr and compared him to TJ.

Trying to remember a player he ever did that with in the last 6 years.
Lloyd loves him.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've seen Kerr's man get past him so I'm not saying it's untrue, but I haven't seen him as a player who can't defend the point. I don't put stock in everything a coach tells the media, but it's hard to see Miller comparing a Kerr to TJ without in referring to how Kerr can guard.

It's like, "My kid's an Einstein. Because he dances like Einstein and has big hair."
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Steph Curry can't guard anyone and Draymond Green runs the point a lot of the time, basketball is different now.

So basically what I'm saying is Kerr > Steph
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Alieberman wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:57 pm 1 day maybe we'll become "The Gonzaga of the Southwest"
:lol: