Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86

Re: Kids

Post by scumdevils86 »

No pain meds at all. Women are drastically tougher than men
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Like has been said, if men had babies the human race would die out.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hell yeah nice job Scum and Mrs Scum. Congrats!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Congrats!!!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Start Roth IRAs for both your girls.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

https://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/ar ... 38424.html

My kids were part of the Italian cultural centers welcome party for the Italian Air Force precision teams arrival in Sacramento yesterday

They’ll dance at the airshow this weekend.

It was a once in the lifetime experience yesterday

One of my daughters (blue dress yellow hair scarf) is in a still photo at the bottom of the article greeting the pilots.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:41 pm One of my daughters (blue dress yellow hair scarf) is in a still photo at the bottom of the article greeting the pilots.

Just too adorable!

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

First 3 days have kicked our butts. I've maybe clocked 10-12 hours of sleep since Tuesday morning. Wife even less. Definitely a much more colicky baby than our first by quite a bit. It's really nice being home with the whole family though even with the circumstances of my job looming over it all. Wouldn't trade this exhausting time for anything.
This second kid is likely to convert me to a full time coffee drinker after nothing else could for 38 years.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Our youngest baby was 10#. The twins weighed 13# so she grew unrestricted in a stretched out belly.

She slept through the night her first night home.

I feel for you.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Tbh our almost 3 year old has never actually "slept through the night" either. But it was tolerable. The oldest daughter has a cold now too so she has been up coughing most of the night. I think last night I slept from about 8 to 9 pm. Been up since.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Late Night BDW Posters just got a new member. Welcome to Insomnia City.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My oldest made his high school JV soccer team!

Super proud of the kid because he took on a new position (Goalie) a year ago and made a huge leap in skill and talent over the last six months. His Spring travel team won their league and postseason tourney and he was so good (shutouts in 7 games including two in the tourney, one being a 1-0 clean sheet in the final), but then he spent the summer getting his game and his body in even better shape for tryouts and it paid off.

I wanted this so bad for him. But even better, he wanted it so bad for himself. And he did it. I’m struggling to put into words just how proud I am of him.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Chicat wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:34 am My oldest made his high school JV soccer team!

Super proud of the kid because he took on a new position (Goalie) a year ago and made a huge leap in skill and talent over the last six months. His Spring travel team won their league and postseason tourney and he was so good (shutouts in 7 games including two in the tourney, one being a 1-0 clean sheet in the final), but then he spent the summer getting his game and his body in even better shape for tryouts and it paid off.

I wanted this so bad for him. But even better, he wanted it so bad for himself. And he did it. I’m struggling to put into words just how proud I am of him.
This is an extremely cool post. I love high school sports. When done right, there is so much good about them.

Congrats to you and your son Chi. These ARE the good days to cherish.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Congrats Chi!

The highlight of my watching my kids play soccer was watching them eat grass during their games!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:34 am My oldest made his high school JV soccer team!

Congrats! Nothing more special than watching your kid want something and work their ass off and get it.